So I just fixed my bug and submitted in multi player version.
Took me like 10 minutes I score around 8500 which is not great but still better than my 4500ish score in the contest.
The bug was pretty obnoxious compiler default behavior stuff:
unsigned char myByte = 0xff;
The test: “if (~myByte)…” I expected it to equal if(0) but it was always true probably because of default promotion to int I guess…
It was not hard to find as it implied an immediate and constant issue but I was short on time and was also a bit sleepy at the end.
At least i’m quite happy it wasn’t a 12k score, I would have been very frustrated lol.
My strategy was pretty simple, I just simulated moves and tried to change direction when a bot was about to disappear, I also randomized the cells and kept best results at time limit…
I’ll try a few different things to see if i can improve