ASCII art puzzle discussion

Is this character in the list of the characters that are prettily drawn?

The statement said,
“The characters that are not in the intervals [a-z] or [A-Z] will be shown as a question mark in ASCII art.”

Use ?

This is the input to ROW, anyone know why it’s getting messed up?

This is all the code that is written just to test what ROW is.

Works fine for regular input

Because it’s too long.

I am not sure what CodnGame wants the program to do in the case one of the letters in a not letter in the alphabet. For test case four T is M@h@tt@n. My Code outputs the following.

Standard Output Stream:
# #  #  ### # #  #  ### ###  #  ### 
### # # # # # # # #  #   #  # # # # 
### ### # # ### ###  #   #  ### # # 
# # # # # # # # # #  #   #  # # # # 
# # # # # # # # # #  #   #  # # # # 
Failure
Found:  # #  
Expected:  # # #

What should the correct output be in this test case?

Never mind I found out it should be the ? mark character.

Salut,
J’ai un soucis avec cet exercice.
Je passe tous les tests sauf le dernier (mais que je pense pourtant gĂŠrer).
Est-ce qu’il y a un moyen de montrer son code (C++) pour une petite aide ?
Merci.

1 Like

Any hints

Im looking at this one for a few hours but still no idea how to make this work.
I have a row containing all the chars but how do I find and print out the char im looking for.

Im working in c#

Loops, arrays, and math. Remember that in many languages (C# included), strings are just arrays of characters.

For each letter in the input string, use the width of each character and the letter’s position in the alphabet to find the indexes of the map elements you need to print. Example: if the letters are 3 wide, the letter A would be in positions 0-2, B is in position 3-5, etc. Repeat for each row.

Java coding on ASCII art puzzle

Strange behavior :

Failure
Found: ### 
Expected: ### 

Same text, begin/end spaces.

Same code in PHP works. Has someone a working code in Java ? Must miss something.

We’re supposed to have enhanced the found/expected console output last month, but it seems we need to improve it a bit. We’ll look into it.

your array is too big. There is a NUL character at the end \0 which is not displayed by the output but “seen” by our diff checker.

Il est specifiÊ que 0<N<200. Il y a-t-il plus que 200 caractères dans le lorem ipsum?

Il manque un caractère à chaque ligne de chaque caractère. Peut-etre un problème d’espace ou un truc du genre x<H au lieu de x <=H

It’s not clear what should happen if the width and height input are less than needed to display the letter. With a width of 1 and a height of 2, would all the letters look the same then?

This doesn’t happen. The width and height provided are the width and height of the provided alphabet, not of the desired output. The output uses the same dimensions as the alphabet you’re given.

Je viens de finir le Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet,… en GOLANG. Ca a été très laborieux.

Je vous conseille d’écrire directement le test en local sur votre machine avec un fichier sinon vous vous en sortirez pas

Hello,
I need help for the ASCII ART, my code is successfully compiled for test cases, but not for the validators.

Can you help me?

Hello

I Want to know if it is possible de convert from Ascii representation to character . if yes, can you explain to me how to do that ?

Thanks,

It depends on the language you are using.