Botters of the Galaxy Groot Bug

Hi BotG Creators, I opened this thread to discuss about the Groot Behavior.

For all my points, I will use the replay above:

First of all, lets check the Neutral unit statement:

When damaged, they attack the closest Hero, if there is any in 300 range. They chase the targeted hero up to a maximum distance of 300, after which they return to their spawn point.

The first point:

When damaged, they attack the closest Hero, if there is any in 300 range

The groot 16 spaw is at the point [782,201], and at the turn 14, this groot was hit by a fireball, and, at this point, my closest ally is at the point [370,443], as you can see at the image above. So, the distance is 477.8 between the Groot and the closest Hero. So, the groot should not attack at this situation…

The second point:

They chase the targeted hero up to a maximum distance of 300, after which they return to their spawn point.

At turn 16, my hero is at point [360,523], distance of 530 from spaw point.

And at turn 18, when Groot hit me, My hero is 578 distance from spaw, and the groot is 437 distance from spaw…

By reading only the statement, if I stay 300 + 60 (groot range) far away from any spaw point, I should stay safe. But it is not true.

Please, correct this bug (Or clarify the statement) before future leagues, to prevent bug abusers…

2 Likes

Hello,

1. Groot is too far from its spawn point? Yes: it comes back; No: is the closest hero in range of attack? Yes: it attacks without moving; No: it moves attack towards the target. You’re right the statement is not clear on this point.

2. Frame 17 the groot is at sqrt((566-782)^2+(327-201)^2) = 250 from its spawn so it decides to attack your hero. Your hero is too far so he has to move to attack him. After its move_attack he is now at sqrt((433-782)^2+(464-201)^2) = 437 from its spawn turn 19 so he decides to go back.

If you will correct the statement, this should be something like:

When damage, they will chase the closet hero, and will stop if at the start of the turn the groot position is more than 300 distance from its spawn…

The hero distances doesn’t matter for the groot behavior…