Bug Timeout Java : problem since last update?

Today is a good day since we’ll release a fix for that stack trace issue in C/C++

2 Likes

Marvelous.

You can use my MeanMax code if you want to check and change the timeout margin to 6 ms instead of 20 currently to see a lot of timeout (at line 23).

static final int TIMEOUT_MARGIN = 6 * TO_NANO;

I’m really waiting that, right now tests are unusable due to the high amount of timeouts in almost all top bots…

My CSB bot, which used to work fine, doesn’t start at all anymore 100% of the times. Is that frequently enough? :wink:
Thanks!

1 Like

I’m flushing the output (System.out.flush()), and it minimize my timeouts

Hello @Monstruo,

Your issue was Scala related:

1. Your code takes 20s to compile => it seems it was ok, but as our limit was 20s, I raised it to 25s just in case.
  2. Your scala code took too long to load (warm-up > 1s) so you failed at turn #1 => we implemented a different mechanism for Scala to account for the warm-up time.

As a result your code no longer fails.

2 Likes

¡Yay! ¡It seems everything is working now! I’m back at the top in CSB (well, not top really but 65th, but I’m happy with that)
I also had a bug in some of my bots that is related to the hardware change, but it’s completely my fault. I’m submitting everything again in order to recover my previous position.

One last question: Is there anything I should take into account about this warm-up time, or is it related only to the compiler?

Thanks again! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Any news for the java timeouts problems?