Code a la Mode - Puzzle Discussion

Thanks @TwoSteps, I guess those are words of wisdom !
So I’m gonna handle this “greedy partner” problem.

I am in the starter-League and have a Question:

Is ‘DISH-ICE_CREAM-BLUEBERRIES’ the same order/item as ‘DISH-BLUEBERRIES-ICE_CREAM’ ?

does it matter in what order i collect stuff?

The item order does not matter in the DISH name, your two examples are indeed the same. You can collect items in the order of your choice.

2 Likes

Bonjour,

Je parle français car le bug ne concernent que les français.

Il y une petite erreur dans l’énoncé de Coding Games and Programming Challenges to Code Better en ligue bronze.

« Pour préparer une tarte aux myrtilles, il faut couper la pâte à la planche à écouper »

Il faut dire planche à découper.

Bonne journée,
Vincent

1 Like

Hi,

Another little bug in the referee. It says “Cannot take TART while holding STRAWBERRIES!” but it should be the opposite: Cannot take STRAWBERRIES while holding TART!

Thanks for the game though!

2 Likes

If your partner deactivates for any reason, their position is reported as -1,-1. This was throwing wrenches into my wood 2 bot until I tracked it down. It would be nice to have that mentioned in the description.

Bonjour,
Je pense qu’il y a un beug dans le jeu du cuisinier au niveau de la validité d’une commande ou alors quelque chose m’échappe.

Je vais rendre cette commande :

Elle ne passe pas :

Par contre l’autre chef veut rendre :

Et ça passe… :

Hey!
Prefer English here if you can. :slight_smile:
Concerning the game, I confirm you are probably missing something. :wink:
But hard to say what just from the pictures. Sharing a replay of the game would be more useful.
Use that button to get the replay and share it here.

11 Likes

Hi Blaise :slight_smile:
Thanks for your response. I will to continue improve my code so ^^

OK. Don’t hesitate to ask back, with a replay, if you don’t find the problem.

12 Likes

Hi,
I noticed there is no mentions of Empty tables (#) in the input description. It only appears at the beginning of the game description.

I seem to have an issue with the game’s input being innaccurate. More specifically, with the table item locations. the x/y coordinates are… not reliable by any means. I’m sharing a game below that will highlight the problem, especially if you look at the error output (which is where I routed table items and their locations). You’ll see that as soon as the chopped strawberries are set down at (7,4), the program tells me they are at (2,4). 5 turns later,it suddenly starts reporting that it’s at (7,22083), which is FAR off grid.

The strawberries first hit the table at turn 45.

Please do not judge my code for this, as it is exploratory at the moment.