Code of Kutulu - Feedback & Strategies

Your title is still Code Royale :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Your PM is one of the most complex I read here, thanks for the effort to give links to the concepts you used.
Very surprised by ā€œI didnā€™t distinguish 2nd, 3rd and 4th placeā€, as finishing 2 or 4 is a big difference for the ranking.

1 Like

Glad you like it.

This is an inaccuracy I should have fixed, I actually tried once and archived it for some reason. Most of the time my AIā€™s efforts to die as late as possible will do the job but there may be situations where you need to die earlier, maybe say taking down someone with you in a Stalker RUSH, to place better in the final ranking.

1 Like

Hi !
First of all, thanks for the feedback. Iā€™m happy that most of you found the contest refreshing and good enough.
We really strived for a cooperation, players vs environment game. I think on this point we succeeded.

About the complexities, I have to say that some come because we were afraid the game would become dull at legendā€™s level (so were the Slashers born), some come to avoid any game bias (rotating direction for the wanderers), some come to bother the ā€˜simmersā€™ (the light).

Itā€™s difficult to balance all of this without the community feedback even though CG and EulerscheZahl help us a lot.

About the bugs, well for this we have no excuses (except maybe that, as they were in the referee, you should consider them as features :stuck_out_tongue: )

Once again, thanks a lot for the feedback and I do encourage you to try to make a community contest, itā€™s really something to try.

12 Likes

Nice one, I have used your heuristic function, moved to Bronze, modified some parameters and statement logic in your pseudo-code above and succeeded to use effects more efficiently to move to Silver and Gold in one pass. My question is: what is your methodology used to find the right heuristic fonctions? I was wondering how I could move to legend without using any AI (or spaghetti code I definitively dismiss in bot programming :-))

Maybe Iā€™m overthinking this, but I hadnā€™t figured out how our character is supposed to know where wanderers and explorers are without keeping a constant record of where everything is.

Well all entities information, including their positions, are given to you in the inputs, soā€¦ Yes. Keep a record of everything. ^^

1 Like