Genome Sequencing puzzle discussion

Feel free to send your feedback or ask for some help here!

Okay so one again I have an algorithm that pass every single test except one of the validation tests
 This time it’s the A + C = AC and I have no clue why this wouldn’t be working when everything else work (in particular the AT + CG = ATCG test). Anyone got this problem and/or have an idea of what could cause this kind of problem?

For more info this is what my code do:

• For any pair of subsequence store the number of characters left if you cross the two sequences.
  • Start a new sequence containing only one of the subsequences.
  • Recursively add all the other subsequences after the first one in every possible order using the stored datas to make the merges faster.
  • When there is no more subsequence to add, test the length to get the minimum.

PS: I just tested my own code with the values A and C, and the output is correct : 2

1 Like

I have the same problem. all test work? but Ń„Đ°Đ”ĐșуĐș submitting some control test do not work:

Identical sequences (70 pts)
Sequence included (70 pts)
Sequence included, reverse order (70 pts)

In my code i tryed check my examples and they all work. I have no idea.

I once though there was a problem with the puzzle too but in fact, it was me the whole time. Try changind the order of the input, to see if your algorithm really has done its best

You was right, i found mistake in my code

My code fails validation on “Sequences included and disjointed (80 pts)”. Can someone give me a tip on what does it mean?

I thought it was like the example:
“AAAAA” , “TT”, “CCC”, “AA”

Where some subsequences are included and others aren’t. But my code evaluates this correctly to 10 (AAAAATTCCC).

I have like the same Problem as Florent_P
 Everything works except for that one test (A + C = AC) and i have no idea why
I uploaded my Code at http://pastebin.com/KC8AufWt in case someone wants to look at it.

I also tried to test a scenario with only A and C and AC/CA with length 2 were output so i don’t understand what should be wrong there.

And the reverse line was only for testing - works neither way

Take each word as the main root and try adding other words to its right and left.Then take its minimum length and store it in array.Proceed this with every word and at last sort the array in ascending order and take its first value and print it

hello everybody, i need help
i did the task 85%, i completed all test cases available from ide window but on submit i fail Multi-solutions and Sequences included and disjointed tests.
i need to know what data is supplied in them to debug

btw, i saw tjeri92 solution code, and my code is 25 lines shorter, if you take into account that zero task solution include 25 lines of input parsing that means i just don’t know where i could fail in such short code

i pass, don’t know what to do
i have rewritten all questionable parts of code, all parts that i copypasted from rosetta without proper understanding, everything
those two tests still fail, need help

guys, seriously, a week passed - nobody had an occasion to help?

I’m in the opposite case. I fail the test case “AACTT” (because I don’t change the order of the words) but I still have passed all the validator tests and obtained the achievement for having succeed 100% of the tests.

There is an algo for this one, I found it on the web.

i think that my algorithm is ok, as it passes test cases before submit
i think first validation should be checked, and i want to see more detailed results of this check do recheck my algorithm
not just red X or green V

The validation cases are often harder than the test-cases.

you did not qoute the FAQ correctly
they are not harder, they are slightly different to avoid hardcoding
i know this, FAQ is the topic which is pinned globally and there is answer for my question:

i really did first three steps to detect if the fail is mine
now i only need a fourth step, and i can not do it myself

I think that there is no bug, but maybe that your algorithm is not the awaited one.

people don’t “wait” for a certain algorithm, they wait for a task solution
all those tasks can be solved not only in one certain way, and nobody demands complete knowlege of that way before the task is started
i need to know why my algorithm fails on the test cases that are applied to it after submit and are not available from ide window
all the tests from ide are passed, so the question is really only in those two test cases from validation which data are closed

@bvs23bkv33 if you’re 100000% sure that your algorithm is perfect, try summoning one of the admins (not me, i’m a rƍnin) by naming them with “@” in your post.

Most popular for this kind of task is @SaiksyApo, then if it’s harder @loick_michard and if it’s even harder (but shouldn’t) @FredTreg . Don’t summon the CEO @fredericdesmoulins unless you want to tell him his site is awesome, which it is.

I guess I’ve summoned all of them :slight_smile: don’t abuse it though

1 Like

@CvxFous thanks :slight_smile:

@FredTreg @CvxFous The Solution to the last test case is wrong.

Input :

CCCTG
TGACA
CATGA 

Expected String : CCCTGACATGA (11)

Actual Answer : CACCTGACA (9)

This problem is actually called the **Shortest Supersequence ** and as you can see the answer that I have provided contains all the subsequences in the correct order.

CACCTGACA
C.CCTG...
....TGACA
CA..TGA..
1 Like

No, the subsequences must be uncut.