Introducing CG Spunk

The latest version (v0.2.4) released today, adds tracking for average position (ranking? can someone think of a better name for this?) and also for average score (in Hypersonic only).

For example, in this run, I was able to see that the changes I made (IDE code) to improve my Hypersonic score (boxes destroyed) did have a very slight score improvement, and also a slight beneficial impact on my average position in each game:

• danBhentschel
4 Likes

Thanks! Iā€™ve been looking for something like this. I use FF, though, so Iā€™ll have to stick to the greasemonkey script.

Thanks a lot for working out the issue wit more than 2 players ! Gonna be really useful !

1 Like

Just an FYI, CG slightly changed the format of their URLs, and CG Spunk wasnā€™t correctly detecting when you navigate to the IDE. Version 0.2.6 has been published to fix this problem. Thanks to the multiple users who have pointed this problem out to me.

• danBhentschel
1 Like

sorry about that. It was a recent idea to make the urls of the ide more readable and sharable. GG @_CG_Nonofr

EDIT: they will change again.

1 Like

No problem! Itā€™s to be expected when you try to hack something into a living, evolving web site. Comes with the territory. :slight_smile:

• danBhentschel

Amazing tool, thanks for this!

1 Like

Could you please add support for custom opponent ranking range (i.e. two inputs ā€œrank fromā€ and ā€œrank toā€)?
My use case is that even though my bot is able to win in his range, he might actually score poorly in lower ranks (say, 200 below him), which is very important when re-submitting.

Project forked. Prepare to receive pull requets ! (but not until fantastic bits is finished of course :stuck_out_tongue: )

2 Likes

Sounds great! I look forward to your contribution.

• danBhentschel

Great Tool,

I found about it late in the last Contest, but, I will use it in my future challenges
Thanks

Is it possible also to see full info? Not only STDERR Debug (Errors Stream)
How change script to see all information:
Game information
Action (Output Stream)
Debug (Errors Stream)
Just same with IDE giving us.

Thanks for the feedback. I have submitted this as Issue #46. Hopefully Iā€™ll have time to work on it soon. :slight_smile:

• danBhentschel

Sorry, @inoryy. I forgot to add this to the issue list. Itā€™s there now: #48. I will hopefully start working on it tonight.

• danBhentschel

Version 0.2.7 has been published and is rolling out to clients. It fixes a few small bugs, and also incorporates Issue #48, requested by @inoryy. Enjoy!

• danBhentschel
3 Likes

Hi, I donā€™t know if itā€™s exactly the point of #49, but adding the score plus the reason for a loss (regular loss / timeout / invalid action) would be amazing :slight_smile:

I have added issue #52 and issue #53 for detecting timeout and invalid outputā€¦ andā€¦ be amazedā€¦ theyā€™re done already! :slight_smile:

Version 0.2.9 is available in the Chrome Web Store, and should be rolling out to clients now. It includes score tracking for CodeBusters, Hypersonic, and Fantastic Bits. It also has timeout and invalid output detection (in addition to the preexistent crash detection).

Also, I have changed the Average Score (in the summary info) from an average of scores into a weighted average of score percentages:

• HS: <boxes destroyed> / <total boxes>
  • CB: <ghosts captured> / <total ghosts>
  • FB: <score> / <num snaffles>

Take the average with a grain of salt, though. If the game ends prematurely (not a score-based win) then those incomplete scores will still be averaged in. To do anything different is more work than Iā€™m willing to invest at the moment, and Iā€™m not even sure how that should be handled. Any suggestions?

• danBhentschel
5 Likes

Well, Iā€™m completely amazed. So useful to quickly find the games youā€™re looking for :slight_smile:
Well done !!!

1 Like

Version 0.2.10 has been published to the Chrome Web Store and should be rolling out to clients now. Thereā€™s not much of a visible change other than the fact that you can now pit your IDE code against your Arena code, a very annoying bug (issue #55).

The changes required for this were, unfortunately, pretty extensive. I did quite a bit of testing, but I wouldnā€™t be too surprised if there are new bugs introduced as a result. With GitC only 9 days away, Iā€™d like to stomp any bugs ASAP, so please let me know if you see quirky behavior.

• danBhentschel
2 Likes

The result comparison between IDE and arena seems broken.