Introducing CG Spunk

Version 0.2.20 has just been published for Chrome. (FF is still on 0.2.18) You should see the changes rolling out very soon.

Issue #72: Fix incorrect STDIN detection in some log files.

The biggest changes are Code4Life-specific: Issue #71

This adds score support for C4L, and also adds detection for a new error condition that I call “Station Bounce”. In my C4L development, I find that I will occasionally code a bug that causes my bot to go to a station, and then immediately go to another station without doing anything there. CG Spunk will now recognize that (likely) incorrect behavior and flag it as an error.

• danBhentschel
1 Like

CG Spunk has been approved (finally!!!) for Firefox! You can install the signed version from here:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/cg-spunk/

It’s an older version (0.2.18) but it’s better than nothing! :slight_smile:

I have submitted the current version (0.2.22) for review. Hopefully the review process for updates is much faster than the review process for a large, complex new extension.

• danBhentschel
2 Likes

MUCH faster! Mozilla has approved and signed v0.2.22. This is now the currently available version for both Chrome and Firefox. Enjoy!

• danBhentschel

I don’t know How it is possible,
but CGSpunk seem’s to crash Minigl in Chrome on my computer.
Problem appear on Code4Life contest when I want to run a single math in CG IDE. (“Run My Code” button probably in English).
I thought problem was coming from my old Intel GPU, but switch to my ATI GPU I was still having the problem.

To avoid the crash, I had to disable the “show log ouput window when playing code in multiplayer game” option.

BigUP

That’s pretty strange. Any interesting messages in the JS console?

• danBhentschel

Version 0.2.23 has just been published for Chrome. (FF is still on 0.2.22, changes pending review) You should see the changes rolling out very soon.

Issue #75: Score in Wondev Woman

• danBhentschel

Version 0.2.24 is available for Chrome, and is rolling out now. The Firefox version has been submitted and should be available soon.

Issue #77: Swap / Batch Buttons are gone.
Merge pull request #78: Modifications to make CG-Spunk work with latest CG Api

A big thanks to @BigUP for taking the time to update the extension to work with the latest CodinGame site changes.

• danBhentschel
2 Likes

Summing up the requirements from the above discussion:

• CG servers are a limited resource, heavy testing for top players can diminish the experience for the other 80% of users
  • players don’t want to share their code to others apart from CG

So maybe we could hack a P2P arena?
Each willing player would run a client (to receive input/send output of his player code and run the referee when selected as the host) on his trusted machine and register it’s address to a central server/tracker. The game referee could be run at one of the players machines, with the central tracker only helping the players to connect to each other and alternating who runs the referee now (to mitigate fraudulent referee’s impact).

This way willing players could hammer at each other as much as they want to/network bandwidth allows without stressing CG servers.

1 Like

That is that is has been done in the (old) AI Challenge. It wasn’t a P2P architecture, some generous players were simply providing servers to host the game, but the benefit was the same. In fact, it was almost mandatory since the official server was not very powerful. A P2P would be great, but a lot more complex to implement. Could be fun though and open the door to a world of possibilities…

Version 0.2.25 is available for Chrome and Firefox. It contains a very minor fix suggested by @BigUP to properly detect a timeout condition in the latest community contest.

danBhentschel

1 Like

Hi. Is it possible to save and load variables between runs in batch? I want to use neural networks without using external IDEs or simulators, so I need place for storing weights table.