[Legends of Code and Magic] Remarks and bugs

I know a way too, that is probably the same way that you are doing.

I just don’t know if it is forbidden, or even if it will be usefull… Lets check my win rate at each side at the next leagues…

Now you’ve spiked my interest…

1 Like

am I missing something or you just need to check the opponent’s mana?
If I’m first player, my opponent would have 0 mana at turn 1; else 1.

This is what you’re missing:

EDIT : hmmmm,you might be right Thibaud…
EDIT2 : no, I just checked. Mana is 0 for both players during draft phase.

1 Like

OK, I’m tired, it’s Friday :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: but maybe playerDeck shouldn’t be 0 during the whole draft, and everyone could use this info from turn 1 of the draft phase

3 Likes

I suppose you can check the time between when you give output and when you receive the next inputs. At the first turn you can check if the referee handle the end of the turn after you.

I think this just demonstrates how awful the state you get from “official” input is.

1 Like

How do you check if the referee is handling the end of turn after you? I would really like to be able to vary my strategy depending on which player I am, so any advice on how to do this is much appreciated. Thanks!~

It would be helpful to clarify in the rules that breakthrough only happens when attack, not defending (similar to drain).

Creatures with Breakthrough can deal extra damage to the opponent when they attack enemy creatures. If their attack damage is greater than the defending creature’s defense, the excess damage is dealt to the opponent.

How else could you interpret this though and why? All i see is “when attacking”.

2 Likes

I think It’s related to how the card is constructed but I didn’t tested it yet.

I’m trying to create a local running environment for my tests. Never tried to build a CG locally before.

I installed JDK, Maven, brought the LOCM and CG-engine repositories from GIT, and built both successfully using maven. But now what?

Trying to run the locm\target\test-classes\Main results in many exceptions. Tried including all the JARs in the classpath. still many exceptions.

I was assuming it’s a simple “build and run”, and was hoping for a “how to build and run” readme…

Can anyone help with the steps necessary to run it locally? (compilation, is it running directly using java.exe or inside a browser, etc…)

Or you can tell me it’s outside my league, which is also ok :slight_smile:

1 Like

You don’t need the CG engine, as that is a dependency of LoCaM and maven will download it for you anyway.
If you want to run single games with a UI, then add your bot here.
If your bot isn’t written in Java, add it accordingly, for example:
gameRunner.addAgent("mono /path/to/bot.exe");

If you want to run a lot of games, have a look at the brutaltester.
There is a precompiled referee by Counterbalance. Scroll to the bottom for instructions and go to the release tab for a ready-to-go binary.

4 Likes

Hi,
Can somebody confirm this is a bug?
https://www.codingame.com/replay/328233958 - replay frame 170 - 180. I’m takeing damage every turn but I think I shouldn’t.

Thanks, Cristian

You have no cards left and lose life due to runes. Read the section about runes in the statement

2 Likes

thanks, I’ve missed that :slight_smile:

Thanks ! Will give it a go

It would be nice if we had “Debug mode” in which we could see the card’s instanceId and cardNumber in the game itself without having to browse all the cards one by one and remembering each of their ids.

4 Likes

This reminds me all community contests after the new platform was introduced are misisng debug mode.

Yet amadeus contest had debug mode. Is it possible you could share the amadeus debug mode implementation?

Amadeus doesn’t use the new framework, the replay data is even human readable. It’s still a mess, but way better than the new games.

1 Like