Log Book: Sprint Release

Yeah, Ocaml! That will be a challenge :slight_smile:

Aswesome, thanks for your hard work!!!

2015-05-26 Sprint Released

• ** Update “Optimization Puzzles Info” ** : Information added on the Single Player Puzzles page regarding optimization puzzles: rank and criterion values (fuel, code size …).
  • ** Update “Avatar/Cover” ** : It’s now possible to add an avatar and a cover. It will be used in the menu, profile, leaderboard and GamerCard. Some color profiles are not correctly supported (.jpg is better). Respect for others CodinGamer is required, sanctions may be applied. :rage:
  • ** Update “Leaderboard” ** :
  • The leaderboards now display an avatar and a GamerCard for each CodinGamer. (Hover the mouse on Rank/Avatar).
  • The details of CG points now appears in a tooltip (Hover the mouse on Global points).
  • For ‘Multi’ leaderboard, the last submit date now appears in a tooltip (Hover on the ProgressBar).
  • It is now possible to see if a CodinGamer is online: a green dot is displayed on the avatar.
  • :warning: TEMPORARY: It is now possible to filter the leaderboard with the people you follow, using a “Codingamer” filter. It will be improved asap.
  • ** Update “Profile Details” ** : It’s now possible to change your email, password, language with the new form. The Log out button has moved to the parameters panel from the profile page.

• ** New feature “Optimization puzzles and Multi games CGPoints” ** : Multiplayer games and optimization puzzles now give CG points that depend on your ranking. The formula used is the same as for challenges.
    The points are dynamically recomputed every day at midnight. It means that the number of points you get from your ranking in an optimization puzzle or multiplayer game will probably change every day.
  • ** New feature “Followers” ** : First step of a major project making CodinGame a more fun/social platform. For now you can only follow from the leaderboards and filter CodinGamer you follow from the leadearboards.

• ** Fix minor bugs (Leaderboard mobile version, OCaml In/Out Puzzles, “Company Not found” in sponsored challenges , Nickname popup when entering ide …)**

• TOP SECRET STUFF :blush:
5 Likes

Nice release (as always :-)).
My ranking is going up and down like a yo-yo but I don’t care :stuck_out_tongue:

Now if you’ll excuse me, I have some multi games to do …

1 Like

That’s great. Could you do the same with the multiplayer games? Currently, we must go to the profile to get an overview of the rank in the various games.

Thanks a bunch, awesome release!
The step to more socializing is nice and taking more languages into account as well,
not to mention all the other stuff :smiley:

Any plans on adding coding stats like the ones on CodinGame for Work to the puzzle result pages?

Dunno, will ask tomorrow :slight_smile:

Edit: Not yet, because we don’t have theses stats for all the language available in CodinGame.

2015-06-09 Sprint Released

• ** Update “Cover Alignment” ** : The cover is now right-aligned at all time (instead of centered).

• ** New feature “Leaderboard Tabs” ** : We added a “Following” tab on any leaderboard instead of a filter. The selected tab (ALL or FOLLOWING) will be saved between two navigation sessions. You can share your “Following” leaderboard link and your friends will be able to see it the way you see it.
  • ** New feature “Online Codingamer Filter” ** : It’s now possible to filter leaderboards to only display Online CodinGamers.

• ** Fix “GamerCard” ** : The GamerCard now displays the best submission and not a random one. :slight_smile:
  • ** Fix “Avatar/Cover Support” ** : Uploading a cover no longer mix up the colors for some color profiles.
  • ** Fix “Scroll IDE Leaderboard” ** : The scroll in the IDE Leaderboard should correctly work on Firefox.
  • ** Fix “Search IDE Leaderboard” ** : It should be possible to search a CodinGamer in the IDE Leaderboard.
  • ** Fix “TipBox Cover/Avatar” ** : The tipbox for the new Cover/Avatar feature should now be correctly displayed.

3 Likes

Oops :wink:

2015-06-23 Sprint Released

• ** Update “Leaderboard” ** : After sorting by CodingPoint type, it is now possible to return to the basic display with an “All” filter.

• ** New feature “Optimization Contest” ** : CodinGame now supports a new type of contest! You will still need to solve a problem but you will be able to submit several times. The ranking will be based on your performance given a specific criterion. Puzzles of this type (Mars Lander, Thor…) are already available for training. “Code of the Rings” will be the first Optimization Contest.

** Reminder “Code of the Rings” aka “You shall !Pass” aka "The Hob Bit "** : The Worldcup starts on Saturday, June 27, 2015 at 4 p.m. UTC and it lasts 24 hours.
Easy to play but tricky to master, finding a code that passes all the tests is a matter of minutes…
More info: https://www.codingame.com/challenge/code-of-the-rings

• ** Fix “CG Sync” ** : In the IDE, the link to the CG Sync post was not correct.
  • ** Fix minor bugs (404 Error on Contest Page, Leaderboard Cache result in an incorrect ranking, HTML Warning in IE11, JS Error when uploading resume when applying on a sponsored challenge)**

@SaiksyApo, will we have “clean” ide button? looks like simetimes it is needed to clean rebuild solution

I don’t think so

If you still don’t get what the contest’s theme is, you have 6-12 hours missing in your live. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Quick question, I hope that doesn’t mean that, like other optimization challenges, the test cases after submission will be the same as in the IDE?

nope, it will not be the case. Validators will be differents than test cases.

No more to say :wink:

1 Like

2015-07-09 Sprint Release

• ** Update “Achievement” ** : First step of the profile review : A achievement weight is added to display the important achievement first.
  • ** Update “Puzzle Page” ** : Rework of the Puzzle Page (3 Tabs Solo, Opti, Multi) (We still can’t hide a category when we got 100% :’()
  • ** Update “Puzzle Report Page” ** : Rework of the Puzzle Report Page. (We also add a sentence to explain to the newbies why the validators can fail.)

• ** New feature “Achievement” ** : Languages achievements are now available (unlocked for 1,3,7, and 15 puzzles in a same language)
  • ** New feature “Contest” ** : Contest are no longer distinguished (Solo/Multi&Opti => “Contest”). The achievements are merged.

• ** Fix “Lua IN/OUT” ** : Lua Validators should work. (coming later)
  • ** Fix minor bugs (Bugs found during the CotR contest: Optimization submitted after the end of a challenge (<1min) are not computed, It was possible to register after the end of a contest, It was impossible to change schools,)**

2 Likes

Very nice sprint release :slight_smile:

One small question : “Achievement” points seems to contain both Achievement + Solo Games, is it normal ?
Isn’t it better to split them ?

Edit : It is normal because solo games points come from achievments right now. Maybe instead you could remove those achievments and compute apart solo points ? Like for other types of games ?

Achievement that aren’t related to games now weight much less (10CP for some language stuff) and are still relevant to your solo points too.

For example, i know i’ll be doing all easy puzzle again in all language to learn all language/practise and to earn those damn achievements :slight_smile:

I don’t get the order of achievement weight though. should it be possible to add a ordering box to choose how we want to display achievements? I know I’d love that.

As I wrote, it’s a first part… The achievement categories are in progress.

Indeed nearly all achievements are relevant to solo games.

Same here :slight_smile:

Sorry I got too much excited by the new stuff and read too quickly -__-
I mean the “Pending sprint release” post was like the next level of teasing !

1 Like