Log Book: Sprint Release

Adding a filter on Region/Department will do the job i think

2015-09-15 Sprint Release

• Update “Share buttons”: Redesign and added to a dozen pages. They now include a “find friends” button.
  • Update “Game page”: New way to load the page. It takes less time to play a puzzle (specifically optimization puzzles)

• New feature “Follow your friends”: When finding your friends, you can now see those that already have an account on CodinGame and follow them (you can disable this option from your settings).

• Fix “Leaderboard page”: Searching codingamers works again.
  • Fix “Leaderboard page”: The scrollbar could get below the header on Chrome.

• Fix minor bugs

• TOP SECRET STUFF :blush:
4 Likes

2015-09-29 Sprint Release

• Update “Clash of Code”: New question selection algorithm. It should be very bad luck if you see the same question twice within 4-5 clashes.
  • Update “Clash of Code”: You can create private clashes and invite your friends and share the link.
  • Update “Clash of Code”: Creating/Joining is automatic. Just choose the length you would like to play and that’s it. We are expecting less waiting time.

• Fix “Score Computation”: Better handling of Clash score computations. It should drastically reduce the number of clashes with pending results.
  • Fix “Clojure Generator”: The template is now correct for Vox codei puzzles.

• Many minor user experience improvements
  • Fix minor bugs

2 Likes

2015-10-13 Sprint Release

• Update “Clash of Code”: Contributors now have credits in their questions statements.
  • Update “Worldcup”: New registration page.
  • Update “Share”: Shares related to a contest (Leaderboard/Report) contain an image specific to that contest.
  • Update “Limit text in STDERR”: Size of text that can be written on STDERR is now limited to 4kb/round until 200kb is reached, afterwards it is limited to 1kb/round.

• Fix “Optimization puzzle”: CodinGamers best scores are correctly updated when switching languages.
  • Fix “Game page”: No more wait time before seeing your updated progress.
  • Fix “Notifications”: In some cases, two notifications were sent when a friend registered.
  • Fix “Clojure template”: Onboarding and some other puzzle hadn’t a default code that compiled.
  • Fix “PHP template”: No more compilation issue with default loops.

• Fix minor bugs

5 Likes

Yay! Maybe I will get friends to click on those links now!

2015-11-12 Sprint Release

• Update “Contribution”: Pending contributions are displayed in a dedicated page where CodinGamers can comment contributions and vote for well made and interesting ones. You can also track your previous contributions from this page.
  • Update “Puzzle”: Statements are currently reworked. Easy, Medium, Optimization and some Hard puzzles have been updated.

• Fix “Default language templates”: A few auto generated code were not compiling for some clashes or puzzles.
  • Fix “Perl packages”: Moose is now installed, as it was advertised on the FAQ.
  • Fix “Clash of Code score computation”: When the time was up, the score was computed before one had the time to decide to push its current code or their previous one.
  • Fix “Avatar”: It was not possible to create or update your avatar when registering to a contest.
  • Fix “Email accepted”: Email with more than 4 characters in their top level domain are now accepted on the platform.

• Fix minor bugs

2 Likes

A monospace font for the Input/Output of a clash contribution would be awesome.

2 Likes

There is a bug ticket created for that, and it also suggests to add a scrollbar when needed :).

1 Like

2015-11-24 Sprint Release

• Update “Contribution”: Use of a monospace font for Input/Output of clash contributions.
  • Update “Puzzle”: Statements are currently reworked. More than 50 statements have been reworked as of now.
  • Update “Contest registration”: A new registration page will be available after Code vs Zombies.

• Fix “Contribution”: Comments date were not correct.
  • Fix “Contribution”: IDE tests were not correctly loaded when testing a contribution.
  • Fix “Find friends”: It was impossible to use the tool if one of your friend had a too long email or name.
  • Fix “Achievements”: Having between 49% and 50% on a puzzle was not giving the 50% achievement related to the game, while displaying 50%.

• Fix minor bugs

• BIG STUFF INCOMING VERY SOON :blush:
3 Likes

The new IDE is awesome!!!

Very good job guys!

3 Likes

2015-12-16 Sprint Release

• Update “IDE”: The fresh new IDE is now live! Tell us what you think!

• Fix “Contribution”: When following a codingamer from the contribution page, it does not open the contribution in addition to the action of following that codingamer.
  • Fix “Code vs Zombies”: There were issues with the viewer on old Chrome versions, preventing us from releasing the contest as a game. We reworked tests and validators a bit to make hardcoding more difficult and to prevent being able to win all points on a single test.

• Fix minor bugs

1 Like

Good job for the new IDE. But is it possible to add a feature to change background color bescause with all in “White them” I think you want us to became blind ^^
For me, just a darker theme and it’s perfect

2 Likes

+1 for night coders

1 Like

Like I said in the PM I sent you, I think some details of the new IDE shouldn’t be as white as it is now, to make it look more condingame-esque, with touch of black and yellow maybe. Now it’s too much white, and the rest of the site isn’t, so I doesn’t fit well as of now.

Apart from that, I love the new features, especially the submit that doesn’t change the page, love it!

1 Like

Being able to load a game into IDE from “last battles” in multiplayer games is amazing too.

1 Like

Yup, it trully is. The only problem with that is that it doesn’t overwrite the IDE manual parameters with the ones from the fight.

Apart from that, that the feature we’ve all been waiting for a long time :slight_smile: Gz CG team.

@Neumann, issue reported. It works fine when you parameters are in ‘auto’ mode.

As a work around, you can go in your settings in the IDE to activate the expert mode. Then in the option tab that appear only in expert mode, select the ‘auto’ mode (that’s the default value though).
Then load a game from last battle and in the option tab select the ‘manual’ mode. Hence, parameters are overwrite and you can replay them with the players you want :slight_smile:

Nope, the one you are surely expecting the most should come next week :stuck_out_tongue: (if it’s ready before chirstmas, otherwise it will be postponed to next year).