Mean Max Contest

He there devs of the game,
it seems to me there is a tiny bug in Referee.

In the method isGameOver() the filter condition on line 1466 is wrong. Instead of return players.stream().filter(p -> p != alive).allMatch(p -> p.score < survivor.score); it should be return players.stream().filter(p -> p != survivor).allMatch(p -> p.score < survivor.score);. I.e., alive has to be replaced by survivor. Actually, it doesn’t change the outcome, but filtering out the survivor does not work as intended…

I believe so as well, it’s still a rare case, but looks wrong.

I created a pull request, so time will tell, if we misunderstand the power of Java here :wink:

I don’t think it actually matters for anything other than submit times - all that happens is the game keeps going even though the winner is known. I guess there might be a rare situation where the remaining player then pushes a dead reaper into enough water to lose the lead again?

MR accepted

• Are we allowed to use 3rd party open-sourced libraries, or must 100% of our solution code be our own?
  • I’m using an external IDE and a package bundler (Webpack) in order to code in TypeScript, over multiple files. I then bundle them and compile them down to one JavaScript file. Does that process somehow disqualify me or is it allowed?
  • no 3-rd party library is allowed unless you can paste them within your source to submit together
  • you are free to choose any IDE to write/generate your codes but the final source must be contained within a single file, for copy-and-paste into the web source area to submit
2 Likes

The stream of yesterday is available on Youtube!

“Mean Max: Wood 3 to Silver”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3NPkwmItb0

2 Likes

Just graduated from Wood 3 to Wood 2 and now my program is timing out. Turned off debug output (fprintf to stderr) and now it’s running.

Hey !

Thanks a lot for this stream, it was very interesting !
Is there a way to download the Java file you created ?

road to gold

Thanks!
No, sorry. We gave the ideas. Up to you to implement it to your own liking.

1 Like

Sad that contest time intersect with Russian AI cup :frowning:

I can’t work on both contests, and decide to skip Mean Max :frowning: Would be nice if CC team try later take it in mind.

1 Like

RAIC lasts 1 month :wink:

True, but it have different system. If you not go to next round, you lose chances to go to final. And task on my mind more complex.

Thank you for this contest. I have real fun here. The many options and all these collisions make this game really original.
Thanks again!

Possible bug?
Observe that the red MadMax gets water on oily wreck whereas I am on non-oily part of the wreck and still do not get water.
Frames —> 74 - 80

looks fine to me, the upper pond is contaminated by oil but the lower pond seems out of reach

1 Like

Red one got water though …
Possibly the order of processing of harvesting vs doof skill.