Onboarding - Puzzle discussion

yes it helps a looooot

2 Likes

Hii !! I started studying C# this week ā€¦ I want to improve my capacities and knowledge in this type of code. can you guys recommend me some websites? something that you have already used and find it useful. tbh I already searched for some and Iā€™m thinkin on buying some books, idk ā€¦ Anyways, if you can recommend something, Iappreciate it :slight_smile:
sorry for my english xD

If you prefer to learn from books you should definitely get one. Itā€™s certainly a bigger commitment than ā€œbrowsing some websitesā€. :wink:

How can I test my codeā€¦??

Could you give me a very basic ā€œnoobā€ tutorial as to how this website works?

If you canā€™t solve the Onboarding puzzle by yourself there isnā€™t much you can do here. Codingame doesnā€™t teach you how to code. It only gives you an opportunity to practice what you have learnt elswhere. The Onboarding puzzle is the most basic puzzle on the site.

I canā€™t understand this. please describe how to play and code.

Iā€™m pretty sure that there are people in the world trying to create AI agents and which let them wander in the Net to interact with real people in order to learn things. This one is still in beta stage I guess.

Itā€™s really simple. Have you read the template? Have you looked for tutorials?

The tutorial is kind of confusing because it tells you to play the game, but doesnā€™t let you modify the code for the Onboarding puzzle. You have to exit out of the tutorial (so I donā€™t) know if Iā€™ve completed the tutorial.

Once in the Onboarding puzzle, I had no idea that the left top window scroll down to show the rules and the pseudocode. The tutorial would be more effective if it pointed these out (again not sure if it does this already because I couldnā€™t get past the ā€œPlayā€ button).

here is my C# code for tutorial

[EDIT: NO FULL CODE]

Can anyone tell me why this doesnā€™t pass any tests in the C harnessā€¦?

[EDIT: SOME CODE REMOVED TO NOT GIVE THE SOLUTION TO OTHERS]

fprintf (stderr, "E1: %s", enemy1);
        printf (enemy1);

In the output I get things likeā€¦

E2: Nobody
Standard Output Stream:
Nobody
2/2
Game information:
Timeout: your program did not provide an input in due time.
No ships remaining.

What ā€˜inputā€™ am I supposed to be ā€˜providingā€™?

You need to terminate you lines properly, either by using puts(enemy1), or printf("%s\n",enemy1). Ditto for enemy2.

1 Like

Yeah that got it, thanks :slight_smile:

please avoid " , " infront of &enemy

I canā€™t understand how to slove

Just print the name of the nearest enemy.

I use printf("%s\n",enemy1)
bt still I cant solve

Whatā€™s the error message?

HELP! so Iā€™m using java and/or java script and I canā€™t seem to get ether to work :frowning: If I need to compile the code I canā€™t find where to do that. this is what I have so farā€¦

Java :

Javascript :