Onboarding - Puzzle discussion

I really don’t like this, it is confusing for me.

thanks
i would to ask about some thing please

i dont know what to do help me here.

Does anyone have any ideas of how to make this game a bit more interactive? We would like the participants to be able to move around.

hi!
I’m not understanding really how does codingame works

You write a source code in the IDE.
This source code must get text as input and write things as output.
For this puzzle, your aim is that your source code kills the nearest enemy.

1 Like

Thank you that was good!!!

I am using Java to solve. Why is that, the simple line below:

String target = (dist1 < dist2) ? enemy1 : enemy2;
System.out.println(target);

failing testcase3. But when I write it as if, else statement it passes?

i am 14 years old i relly need help!!!

Sorry for the late answer. This is weird. You most likely ran into server problems. It happened at the time the Spring Challenge started.

thenkyou i will

i need help !!!

What’s your problem ?

1 Like

yoo loving class hope this continues

A question: I’ve noticed that it’s very easy to farm a lot of achievements (The “Explorer” ones, and the using-multiple-languages ones) by doing Onboarding over and over in different languages. Is that supposed to happen?

1 Like

I think it’s intended to make you start coding in other languages. Once you unlock mark 1, mark 3 is not that far so if you’re a completionist, you’re trapped :smiley:

If you want to reach mark 3 easily for any language I suggest you:

• Mars Lander (a slight tweak of the stub is enough)
  • Rubik’s (it’s basically just a formula to find)

For mark 7 you can do Thor and Temperatures, it will require more work to translate (especially in functionning programming languages if you’re not familiar with) but once you unlock them, you can copy paste your solution in competition/shortest mode and it counts for your stats too.
So basically +4 with only 2 puzzles.

And at this point there’s another trap, you might try to shorten your solutions and before you know it, you become a polyglot golfer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, personally, I see farming Onboarding for achievements as a bit unfair. I just went up a level because I copied-and-pasted the stub a couple of times and got the “Babylon Tower” achievement. It’s pretty unsatisfying, to be honest, but I don’t think that will stop anyone. It didn’t stop me, at least.

hi i am new and i am just start learning through python. I am not understand what will do the game

Hey ! Welcome.
Have you done the tutorial included in this puzzle, or have you ignored it ?
If you really are a beginner, my advice would be to wait to have the bases (variables, conditions, loops, and basic arithmetic) before to try the puzzles. Without this knowledge you will probably not totally understand what is required to do, or how to do it.
Once you have learned this bases, you can start to try the “easy” puzzles. Some of them have an “hints” section on the IDE’s left, if you are stuck. And of course, the forum and the chat are open if you need help. :slight_smile:

1 Like

is there any lessons