Platinum Rift II - Your Maps

Am I too addicted or is the map inspired by LOL map? I can recognise some monster camps, bushes and walls :smiley:
We need to put ressources near to towers and biggest ressources at nashor and drake :wink:

1 Like

Thanks you, problems solved !

That’s right ! But it’s so hard to draw with hexagons

Nooooooooooooo that was my idea for next week :’( :’( :’(

Sorry :’( but we have to play on a map like this with your rule, can’t wait for the next week ! Anyway if someone can draw a better map than mine, i’ll be pleased to delete my post :wink:

OK Here is my first map

Although it seems like I was inspired from the Stracraft map ‘Scrap Station’, it is actually Tux wearing the Dhoko’s gold armor :wink:

Resources and initial spawn should keep the map symmetry, and I suggest as a new rule that we could only spawn new pods on our own hex : No teleportation allowed, we have to reach resources by feet instead of just spawning on it.

2 Likes

The squashed frog: http://goo.gl/EcIh5x

Yes.
It would be more convenient to :

• ADD cells by clicking or holding LEFT click
  • ERASE cells by clicking or holding RIGHT click
1 Like

MOBA STYLE MAP from SaiksyApo
I would suggest to reinforce the ‘3 lanes’ feeling by removing the holes from them and add more walls in the ‘jungle’…

As cup_of_tea said, add ressources along the lanes might help too :wink:

something like this

2 Likes

Can we had ressources (platinium spawn) on the editor?
Edit : => Answer : No ! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

For now, there is no specific rule to spawn players and resources. But we could add this feature to the editor later if you have great ideas about that.

1 Like

Multicontinent map Multicontinents

1 Like

There could be resources and player spawn points, if we want to move towards the MOBA styled matches…

Until then, my map: Spiral arms

Inspired by a similar map in Heroes 3 :wink:

5 Likes

[Only for fun]

Catch them all.

Heberger image Heberger image Heberger image

Heberger image Heberger image

12 Likes

Hi,

In order to keep a good level of performances please keep the number of active hexes under 350. 300 or less would be an even better choice…

Also the ratio width / height should be close to 10 / 6 to better fit into the game viewer.

Thanks!

I edited the main post so everybody can see your last comment easily :wink:

My map: Map

3 Likes

Its’ funny
Map 1
Map 2
Map 3
Map 4

2 Likes

Here’s a map designed to be as fair as possible: Snowflakes

Spawn zones and resources should be located so that, on each island, they are unchanged by:

• central symmetry in 2 player matches
  • 120 degree rotation in 3 player matches
  • symmetry relative to 2 different axes in 4 player matches

And just for fun, some more unfair maps (which also happen to be too big according to Fred’s criterion):

6 Likes

Good job with these maps:)