Platinum Rift II - Your rules

Fog of war rule: At begining we dont know the number of platinum per zones, we have to visit every zone to reveal it’s platinum.

9 Likes

New rule: Mercenaries

Some groups of neutral PODs are randomly dispatch on the map at the start. The first army that joined the area recruits mercenaries. Since it’s now a 2-players game, mercenaries can be stored in the “pod2” or “pod3”, no matter.

1 Like

As a ‘bonus’ rule for next week, please remove asymmetric random maps. They are pointless in the leaderboard and irritating in the IDE.

1 Like

On asymmetric maps, two matches are played against the same opponent with reversed spawns.

2 Likes

Right, but 90% of the time these matches result in one win for each player, since most of the time there is a more and less favorable spawn position.

I’m also curious how this affects TrueSkill calculation. If, for example, my average bot (~35.00) is matched against one of the top players (~45.00) and we each get one win because of the asymmetric spawn, I still come out ahead because my TrueSkill score is lower. This does not seem fair to me.

1 Like

If you get one win each in an asymmetric game, the game is not fed to TrueSkill, it is simply thrown away by our system… The system is fair…

1 Like

When the game starts, there are some neutral bases scattered on the map. They can be captured just like other zones. If you own more than one base, you must choose how many drones each base gets on the next turn. Any drones which haven’t been accounted for will be spawned at a random base.

To win the game you either take all the opponent’s bases or hold the most territory when all turns are exhausted.

Thanks for the response. But that just means your servers waste CPU time on these games…

Not every pair of match results in a win/lose for each contestant.

…and if it is a draw after two matches the winner is a player who needed less moves to win.

Is it ? For real ?

Wow, that would actually make a lot of sense. @FredTreg is that the case?

No, this is only a wish from @supermassive

Then how about making it a new rule? :slight_smile: This way no matches would be “wasted”.

Although the update said it would, as far as I can see the fog of war does not affect the visibility of pods. It seems they are still given in the input for each turn, for all zones.

This should be fixed now, thanks.

OK… but now the initial ten enemy pods are not visible during the first turn, so it’s not possible to locate the enemy base.

See the owner of each zone in the first round to detect the enemy base :slight_smile:

1 Like

BTW, the rule says that fog affects only visibility of platinum and enemy pods, but it would be much more logical and constistent if also the zone ownership wasn’t visible.

3 Likes

True!

Also true.