Platinum Rift II - Your rules

We will change the input for specific pods. You can add something to the input/ouput that doesn’t break previous code. You can propose a new kind of POD, change the behaviour of a POD / resource. Add new possibilities of ouput / action.

Production for zones should decrease with time as they becomes exploited, or in other words the total amount of platinum on the map should be finite.

3 Likes

hi, I’d like to try a rule where you can move your extra attaquing pods to enemy zone. The current rule is that when you are in fight on an enemy zone you can only move (or retreat) to your own zone. The new rule would be that if you have more pods than the enemy, those extra pods can move (and attack) to adjacent enemy zone. This way we have to strenghten the defense strategy and also we have more strategical opportunities to attack. I would still keep the ‘max 3 pods lost per zone’ in order to temporize the attack and defense.
my 2 cts

1 Like

Hi, new rule that will totally change the gameplay. Sorry for those who wanted to keep the same code !
You need to have as many pods on a tile with platinum to get the income it should provide in the usual game (making non-moving pods very usefull). If you have less, you get less. If you have more, move your pods if you can :wink:

Exemples :

1 pod on a 1 platinum tile => 1 platinum
1 pod on a 6 platinum tile => 1 platinum
3 pods on a 6 platinum tile => 3 platinum
0 pod on a 6 platinum tile => 0 platinum
6 podS on a 1 platinum tile => 1 platinum

1 Like

I suggest the rule “Satisfaction or your platinum back !”
When a pod is destroyed at the same time as it is spawned, the cost/purchase of the pod (20 platinum bars) is canceled.

@Stakix:
I think this rule would just slow down the game, but not change it.
A little bit extra coding will be necessary though :slight_smile:

After destroyed pods some “wreckages” of platinum could remain on the zone, which could be collected by pods going to the zone. ^^

3 Likes

Pretty sure that a hunting strategy would be a lot more appropriate than a rush on tile with high value !

Make defense penalty.
To defense you need 1.5 pods more.
2 attackers - 3 defenders = 0 : 0 left
1 attacker - 1 defender = (0.5)1 attacker left
2 attackers - 2 defenders = 1 attacker left
In this case it has sense to retreat and fight back.

1 Like

I would propose the opposite solution: attack penalty. I’m not sure about the ratio, but 1.5 also should do the job.

2 Likes

Move over the sees

• user can move any pod to any zone which is not adjacent to the current one.
  • it will cost him number of platinums which depends on how far is the new zone.
  • we can visualize it by Pod Carrier that moves the pod from place to another, and the platinum needed is the fuel that makes it move.

How would you define the distance between two zones? Manhatan distance adapted to hexagonal coordinates? Eulerian distance? Minimal path length separating two hexagons (impossible to move a pod from a island to another one)?

Good Question, We can start by a constant cost like 2 platinums at a time. till we’re able to change input/output.

Why not the movement of continents? Areas move during the game? Areas detach and form new areas.

1 Like

Je pense qu’il faudrait préciser :
les POD mobile spawn à la base, par contre les POD fixes pourraient être achetés n’importe où sur un territoire dont on est propriétaire (je ne sait plus qui a proposé cela).

Parce que sinon cette règle enlève tout l’aspect stratégie d’achat des POD qui était une part importante de PR.

For english people :
I will translate later, sorry

New confidential rule :

To be able to upload 100k-codes (instead of 50k currently) during the testing phase.
=> Less minimization, more tests/possibilities, more comments, less bugs!

If it’s about performance, return the 50K limit to the last days.

4 Likes

Il n’y a plus de PODs fixes ! :stuck_out_tongue:

Pods can merge into a superPod that can move up to 2 (or N) adjacent zones, just like the checkers game

3 Likes

1-L’entretien d’un pod coute 1 plat (même si le continent est conquis)
2-Inflation: tous les 5 tours le pod coute 1 plat de plus( tour 200 -> 60plat)
3-Usine: produire sur une case avec des plats diminue le prix du pod (du nombre de plat sur la case ex avec 6 plat 20-6=14)
4-Risk: si un nombre égale de pod ennemis sont sur une même case, les pods lancent un dé, celui avec le plus grand résultat survit, les propriétaires des pods détruits regagnent 15 plat
5-Mobilisation générale: Le prix du pod pour le dernier joueur est de 10 en 1v3 et 15 en 1v2
6-Blitzkrieg: si toutes les cases autour d’un pod sont d’un même ennemi, le pod est automatiquement détruit.

Fight is trigered when pods from diferent zones moves to each other zone. I.E pods from A move to B and pods from B moves to A.
It will avoid pods moving from A to B and then from B to A endlessly and we can predict battles.