Power of Thor - Codesize - Puzzle discussion

yes, we’ve discussed that earlier,
yet, we learn some tips & tricks while doing so :wink:
as Frederic said here : commentLink

1 Like

Same thing to me. Is that a bug??

1 Like

I have the same problem :-(. Seems like a bug.

1 Like

It’s a bug, it will be fixed the next release.

2 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

The bug seems to be killed. :slight_smile:

1 Like

A challenge of code speed with one of the easy or medium puzzles would be great ! =)

i want to add that a challenge in code size in Network Puzzling would be great, Java solution takes only 9 lines exept parsing input

That’s a lot compared to what you can do with Python3 :). I think it would be more interesting to work on more complex puzzles.

Same here. I didn’t notice it was a shortest code kind of this. So my first submit was very long.

I still encounter the problem since I valited a 147 characters tests-validated answer but the leaderbord and the games list are still showing an old 18x characters answer… :frowning:

65 Characters in C is the highscore ? :confused: I am able to get only 109 after super optimizing :confused: Any tips please ?

I’m somewhat splitted about that.
While beeing short in code has the potential to make it easier to understand it may harm the readability when overdone.
I’ve seen the leader in this callange for Java having written only 138 chars and without having seen it I’m pretty sure that his approach is not OO.

bye
TT

would be nice to know what length the shortest unhacked version has that passes all scenarios (including north e.g. ;))

3 Likes

If you are in Java do not remove : import java.io.*;

It was my mistake, the code corectly running for tests but not for after sending apparently.

107 in Haskell. I was hoping for a 150, got an 157 on the first try, saw the minimum Haskell is 124 so I spent two more days golfing around.

I learned quite a lot and now I feel like there’s something in the algorithm that I can change to get below 100 :smiley:

1 Like

Naa the algorithm is as simple as it gets cant get any simpler.

Actually no. You can get shorter code by exploiting some patterns in the output. Yes, it’s coding only for the tests but this is required by this type of puzzles.

How could someone actually manage to code this Codesize puzzle for Java with less than 288 lines? It’s impossibru! x_x

Check this lin out @renatopb :smile: