Death First Search - Episode 1 - Puzzle discussion

This approach wouldn’t work in the case there are two gates that are neighbors of Skynet at a given time, because you can only kill one link at a time.

My algorithm solves the 4th puzzle with 53 remaining nodes and I don’t get the third achievement for 50 pts. Does anyone else has the same problem? Or am I doing something wrong?

Yo have to solve the 4th validator.

I have got the same problem (C++). By default (when there was no imminent danger) I was deleting the same link twice (or something like link 0-1 over and over again). After adding some simple heuristic I started to break real links and my solution was accepted.

1 Like

I would like to have more test cases for this, because I have 4th test case solved, but still don’t get 3rd achievement :’( I made really really ugly code, but still :slight_smile:

Is it because I didn’t solve it at first submition?

You have to pass the 4th validator with more than 50 link to get all the achievements.

Does it mean catch him as soon as possible (Remaining links must be more than 50 when I catch him) or catching him as long as possible (I must cut of at least 50 links)?

Because when I catch him 70 links left to cut as you can see on replay a mentionet above.

The replay above is the provided test, not the validator (after submit)

• As soon as possible, 50 remaining links. Yup.

Oh, I see… So I passed the test, but there is something like another test case which is not passed and I don’t get any info about it… That is why I would like to have more test cases… Anyway thank you for directing me.

That sounds similar to my algorithm, but I don’t pass the ambush achievement. The coding wasn’t the hardest part on this one… it’s the choosing algorithm… I haven’t come up with an improvement to try to trap it more quickly that I can make universal logic for…

When you submit, your program pass more tests as validators, you don’t have any info about it to avoid hardcoding, but you can still watch the replay.

Replay of this validator tests? :open_mouth: Can you directing me where I can see it? Or am I missing something and want too much? :blush:

After submit, on the report page. Even if it’s the same name on the IDE, the data are different.

Press the green play button next to he validator name to load the replay.

How can I miss that? It seems helpful… Thank you one more again!

I got 54 links left in the 4º test but didn’t got the trophy =(. Maybe is because I didn’t achieve it in my first submission?

You have to pass the 4th validator with more than 50 link to get all the achievements.

I need help, I set that one node is equal with virus, but how to set second node? I set that second node is exit gateway, and it’s worked with 1-2 testcase, but did’t work with other testcase’s…

I started out with a similar solution at first, but forgot to remove the severed links. Then I updated my solution to a) remove severed links and b) if two gateways were the same distance from the agent, sever the link to the one with the higher node degree (in an effort to prevent the agent from going to the start with the most links).

This worked well in the test (59 or so links left), but didn’t get me the third achievement in validation; only after “dumbing down” the algo to ignore node degrees I would get it. I’m curious what the fourth validation case looks like.

Hello,

My test case of the tripple star is working but when i submit i get this :

The validators differ from the puzzle test cases to prevent hard coded solutions. This is why you can have some fails here even if all of the tests provided in the IDE have been successfully passed. To look at why a validator has failed, click on the replay button.

Any way my code is NOT hardcoded, what can i do to fix this?
The agent just stops at step 22 …