If all they did was switch the IDs around and then give the agent AI a more random path, then my code would work every time regardless. I stores all nodes and their relationships in a map as it is received. Their IDs at the end of the day aren't really important as much as how they are linked together. They could be real names or even a combination of letters and numbers and it would still work.
The problem I am dealing with, is if I store the values from those two last submission test cases (ide test cases work flawlessly) as I receive them the code fails. If I use an algorithmic approach to change the ids and restore it to its original value when I output my intended link to break it works perfectly.
The biggest failure I noticed while watching replay was that the code did not break the link directly between the exit node and the agent when he was one move away from it. I had commented out the other code related to breaking random links and yet, in the submission test, the code failed by breaking links the AI wasn't even at. It was working in complete disregard for what I had directly instructed it to do.
Now if this was a consistent problem I would blame my code through and through. But that fact that just by masking the IDs internally but maintaining their link relationships and the code then works, proves that it isn't my code that is causing the issue.
I'm sorry mate, but there is more going on with this submission test then just changed node IDs and random agent pathing.
Now don't get me wrong. I'm not that overly upset about it. I managed to pass all the tests, and that final hurdle made me think outside of the box. I considered they test may have been looking for the values of the ids stored in my code and assuming they were hard coded in. If and what it did at that point is anyone guess but my idea to overcome it was to just change it. And guess what - it worked. The only change I did was store the IDs with a different value then I received them, and at that point the code made the correct choices, despite no logical changes in the code.
Anyway, rant over, and despite the difficulties this site is awesome and I'm really enjoying the challenge.