Super Computer puzzle discussion

Almost 5 years later, problem statement is still not fixed

And what does need to be fixed ?
I do not see the problem …

It is an historical CG puzzle that was used in contests and solved by thousands coders…

1 Like

Missed “C” in “Calculation starts” - should be “Calculation C starts”
Edit: I thought there were more problems, but realized I was wrong

Counterintuitive puzzle. The dumber method is better

I was about to do a ton of sorts and stuff but realized a simple loop will suffice

I didn’t know the name of this algorithm, but I use it nonetheless, but my program doesn’t pass the large numbers of scientists test. All other tests pass, so it’s kind of hard to understand what’s wrong at this point.

Your solution might be good, but in this platform you have a limited amount of time to send an answer
Your program is not efficient enough, and times out. Check out other answers on this thread, you will find a lot of usefull information.

1 Like

I don’t get the explanation. I think I do, but a simple example confuses me. When I enter this to the custom test case:
1 1
3 1
5 1
6 1
8 1
10 1

Simple, right? No overlapping calculations, all of them should complete, right? Then why does the system does not accept it?

Failure

Found:
Expected:

6 is the correct answer, but you have to adjust the expected output of a custom case yourself. It won’t change by itself.

I see, thanks. For some reason I thought it would calculate a correct answer itself, like if there was a correct solution somewhere on the server side.

I think this might be the shotest solution i wrote except onboarding puzzle.
:slight_smile:

Description has a typo:
“Calculation starts on day 15 and ends on day 20”
should be:
“Calculation C starts on day 15 and ends on day 20”

I managed to do the puzzle but because of the very few number of tests not for the validator it can really be difficult to debug.But very good puzzle.