We are doing IT not social engineering : willing to increase female in IT is bare discrimination

Bullshit.
The rules are not the same for everyone because there are less female coders than male coders. It’s not (only) a question of choice, it’s a social question because the society is globally not feminist or at least men and women are clearly not equal.
Thus, criticizing female coders promoting and reclaiming pseudo-neutrality (I hate this word that hides bullshit and in fact fake-neutrality) is a discimination instead of promoting them and trying to do something against this fact.

1 Like

You do have a point. But I being a recent mid-tier college graduate from India haven’t seen any professor/teacher/other people say shit like that. I guess one reason that would be true is that most teachers in my college are female (80% or more).

I understand that if you are a woman born in my parents generation ( 1970 and before) you would have faced a lot of such discrimination, and yes I’m really sorry that such things happened. But girls of my generation face absolutely no such discrimination in college or the work place.

Its merely a matter of choice. I mean lets face it, who is discriminating girls from participating on CG, CodeChef, HackerEarth, HackerRank, etc ? I mean is the ISP blocking traffic just for females ? Are those websites banned in girl’s hostels/dorm rooms ? Its merely a matter of choice, they just don’t like it or enjoy it like most people here do, just like most men don’t enjoy shopping.

I am all for more female programmers, but making it easier for them and reducing the bar for women is not the way to go.

1 Like