Wondev Woman - Bugs

I mean a situation like this:

x(0) 3 3 3 3
3    4 4 4 4
3    4 y 4 x
y(3) 4 4 4 4

(x==me (0 moves) y == enemy)
My points are 5 and his are 1.
I would lose and not be able to move any more rounds.

But! If I could WAIT, I would win. Because in 2 moves, I would be able to push him down, blocking him.

You could argue it’s a bad rule, but it’s definitely not a bug. There are many strategies involving putting your opponent in this situation to lock him down.

I think what you want is a WAIT command instead of ACCEPT-DEFEAT, but honestly, once the enemy has started to block you, he’s probably already won the game anyway.

1 Like

people having an issue with the viewer on Chrome (working the first time and then freezing) like @Lirkin had, can check their chrome version. For Lirkin, version 60 makes the viewer fail, while version 59 works. I have version 58 and it works too.
Sorry

Version 58 for some reason was not working for me. Updating chrome to Version 59.0.3071.115 worked.

Game replay freeze after 1st time: Chrome version 59.0.3071.115 (32-Bit) and Firefox 54.0 dont work for me!

You could try version 59 64 bit. That’s what worked for me

Here’s a bug… Pushing a player onto another is listed as a valid move, yet cannot complete:

https://www.codingame.com/replay/239409586 (moves 40->400)

Cheers!

It’s deliberately a valid move, otherwise it would give away information about units in the fog of war. If it was actually an invalid move then your units would be killed.

1 Like

I blocked a boss and he accepted defeat, even though he had more points than me, but I failed to score more points than he had and I lost, a few turns later. If someone accepted a lose, then it should be an instant win for the other player.

Not true. If you do this, you completely change the rules, because the winner would be the one who stays alive instead of the one who scores the highest number of points. I know it’s frustrating to lose even after blocking the enemy, it has happened to us all, but that’s part of the game. The rules are very clear about that:

Providing an invalid action or taking too long to respond will cause you to be out of the game. However, you do not lose your points.

2 Likes

Oh, you’re right. Thanks for the explaination.

It looks like it is “valid” to attempt to push an opponent into another opponent… but since nothing moves, it’s not very useful. In this replay at frame 94 and on, there’s one valid move but the move doesn’t actually change the state of the world.

The referee considers that move as valid since the enemy marked 1 is in the fog. It’s the same for MOVE&BUILD, if the built-spot is in the fog, the referee will always give this move in the “legit” moves. Not giving it would give you too much information about unseen enemies.

1 Like

I’m only in Wood League 2 but legalActions seems to list illegal actions.

This screenshot shows the legal actions output to the error stream and I was experimenting by just using the first one. As you can see the first action is illegal as I’m not able to build in that position.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

As you can see the first action is illegal as I’m not able to build in that position

No, I can’t see, as you didn’t link to the corresponding replay.
Might it be possible, that you get out of sync with your error stream, i.e. printing it for the previous round?

You should be able to if you expand the screenshot… anyway replay below.

Sorry, my bad. I didn’t realize that the screenshot as shown in the preview is incomplete.
This indeed looks like a bug. In higher leagues it isn’t because of fog of war (you will move but not build).

As we can see by your provided stack trace, you have several time the same move, so I’ll try and say: You don’t reset your valid moves list each turn.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 29 days. New replies are no longer allowed.