Mad Pod Racing - Puzzle Discussion

activating SHIELD after BOOST is not able to affect BOOST

your X,Y values are not able neither to be the same like your opponent nor to even be in 400 units from him - u both have radius of 400, so your radiuses are summed up

Can someone help me How can I calculate the nextCheckpointAngle in Gold league?

Look up a trig function called ATan2. Depending on the language you’re using, it might be included in the standard math package. It will give the angle between a point and the origin. If you subtract your position from the checkpoint’s position (or maybe vice-versa, I get mixed up) and use ATan2 on that, it’ll be the angle from you to the checkpoint instead.

2 Likes

Sorry guys for the question but i can’t use BOOST too…

In C# I wrote :
Console.WriteLine(nextCheckpointX + " " + nextCheckpointY + " " + BOOST);
I simply replaced the Thurst value by the keyword BOOST, but it always says me that BOOST doesn’t exists in the current context… Why if it’s a keyword ?

Console.WriteLine(nextCheckpointX + " " + nextCheckpointY + " BOOST");

Thank you, i didn’t understood to put it as a string

Hello,

After I have submitted twice my code. It is impossible to join the Bot Programming “Coders strike back”.The error message is:
“An error occurred (#-1): “internal error”. Please contact coders@codingame.com”.

Can you help ?

try to refresh?

Some bugs have been fixed in Gold/Legend (inputs, ranking)

3 Likes

Thank you that’s great, what has been fixed besides the angle bug?

Hello, I’m now stuck on the 3rd level with a task “Pods will now collide with each other. Pods will forcibly bounce off each other when they come into contact. Additionally, extra maps are now available for racing.”

I do not know, how to change program so that it will work. Can you please help me?

Game-wise, you now have to figure out how to calculate collisions and either avoid them, or use them to your advantage.

If your code is crashing, we’ll need to see your errors to help.

how do i use the boost keyword

This question has been asked and answered a dozen times in this thread.

1 Like

Actually, there was a misunderstanding. Nothing has changed on the ranking. Sorry for the wrong announcement and late fix.
We could have been more proactive on this one. Don’t hesitate to chase us here or me on chat for this kind of issue.

We could have been more proactive on this one. Don’t hesitate to chase us here or me on chat for this kind of issue.

Good job on the fix, but this has been known for over 9 months and reported numerous times - in general chat, in french chat, personally to multiple admins in private messages and of course on the forums. I don’t know what finally triggered the fix, but it’s definitely not just a matter of “chasing” you.

1 Like

I didn’t say nor imply it was. I just think it doesn’t hurt.

Sorry again for this being fixed so late.

Hello,

Can someone please help me with my code? I’m in wood 2 but I cant seem to get it running.

Im programming in python

import sys
import math

# game loop
while True:

x, y, next_checkpoint_x, next_checkpoint_y, next_checkpoint_dist, next_checkpoint_angle = [int(i) for i in input().split()]
    opponent_x, opponent_y = [int(i) for i in input().split()]

#distance
    if next_checkpoint_dist < 15:
       thrust =10
    else:
        thrust = 100

#angle
    if nextCheckpointAngle > 90 or nextCheckpointAngle < -90 then:
        thrust -> 0
    else:
        thrust -> 100
end if
print x y thrust

print(str(next_checkpoint_x) + " " + str(next_checkpoint_y) + "100")

you need to put it as a string

thrust = “BOOST”

Hello, some tips:
the distance should be like 1500 instead of 15 ^^ the radius’ of the checkpoints themselfs are 600 ^^
also you could make the angle where you thrust with 100 a little sharper like 50 and -50
one idea is also to turn to the middle of the map like 1k from the checkpoint away already so that you will be able to boost to the next one more efficiently

Crysaac