[Community Puzzle] Knights Jam

https://www.codingame.com/training/easy/knights-jam

Send your feedback or ask for help here!

Created by @Niako,validated by @JBM,@bbb000bbbyyy and @dwarfie.
If you have any issues, feel free to ping them.

Looks like that it is another breed of 3x3 sliding puzzle. Nice.

Please help me to understand the puzzle. If any number can jump to the empty cell, how can be unreachable the order from any setting?

@DarvasKristof The valid moves have to be chess knight moves to the empty square.

Why is test case #7 unreachable, it’s reachable in one move if following chess rules right ?

Which one move would that be?

my bad, I parsed it wrong. I thought there only needed to be an empty spot on the correct place and the numbers were irrelevant.

Hello,
I’m quite new on CodinGame and a bit puzzled regarding Validators. Are they specific to each puzzle or a set to check general coding rules?
Besides that, I’m surprised to get only “Ok/Ko” results without any message telling what’s wrong. If you don’t know what’s incorrect, how could you get a chance to fix it?
Is there something I missed (I searched for validator in forum but didn’t get anything helpful for me)?
What is the purpose of those validators?
Thanks.

@Anton-Roneo Validators are hidden testcases that are used to validate your submission. Each public test (that you can see in the IDE) has a corresponding validator which is supposed to be of the same “complexity” and to cover the same “kind” of case. Ideally, when you pass all tests, you pass all validators. But sometimes a code with small mistakes can pass all tests and fail at one of two validators (or the opposite).

If you pass all tests but fail at some validators of the Knight Jam puzzle, then you can send me your code in PM, I’ll have a look at it.