Game Referee Optimization

I am working on a tank battle arena game, and I am trying to maximize the amount of turns and time I can give to the players. Currently I have a pretty large referee, and I am wondering if there is a way to optimize it a bit more, or get rid of my collision loop for the bullets. I am a decent java programmer, but have no experience optimizing in java.

Thanks!

To increase max turns you can use gameManager.setMaxTurns();
To set the max time allowed per player you can use gameManger.setTurnMaxTime();
If you want to make it a 4 player game the limit will be 600 turns and each player will have 150 turns using 50ms on each turn. The max allowed time for a game is 30sec.

2 Likes

Ty! definitely can use that info! Part of my current problem is that I cannot hit that number of turns because my referee runs too slow, and I hit the 30 second game time. I want to try to give the players the most turns possible so that people can experiment with higher level learning algorithms

The referee time isn’t part of the 30s limit, that’s only for players.
I know there are some constraints for the referee too. But these aren’t part of the SDK and thus unknown to the community. Did you get an error with a higher number of turns? Are you sure you have to optimize?

Did not realize that. Testing on my computer at home, it seems to work fine, somehow my work computer was throwing the game too long error. For my own benefit, learning a better collision detection in java would be cool, but the referee seems to work as is, ty!

Currently working on adding leagues. My current thoughts are you get to choose bullet cost/strength, ramming and basic league 2 player, higher leagues 4. Anyone have any other thoughts on additions?