Upcoming Community Contest updates

How about having a thread in the forum to share updates (if any) on the upcoming community contest, instead of having 10 times per day the question on the chat “When is the next contest” ?

At the moment:

• Date: NOV 17, 2017
  • Duration: 10 days
  • Single or Multi: Multi
  • Crafters: Agade, Magus, pb4 and reCurse
  • Name: MEAN MAX

Official link: https://www.codingame.com/contests/community-contest-01

@TwoSteps: on 03/07 “We will inform you as soon as we choose it, and will keep you updated on the progress” but we’ve not seen any such update since then !
And the programming crew Agade, Magus, pb4 and reCurse (if this is still accurate) is carefull not disclosing anything at all :wink:

Sorry if you came to this thread expecting to find real updates :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

It’s a multiplayer puzzle. I already said that on the french chat :stuck_out_tongue:

For the rest, i think you should have more informations soon. Teasing, teasing, teasing !

If we spoil something by mistake, we’ll have to spoil it officially for everyone (like on the community contest page itself). And it can be pretty hard to talk about what we are doing without spoiling an information.

2 Likes

Ok updated thanks.
Please leak more :slight_smile:

That happens to also fit the “you’re not doing anything” scenario. :stuck_out_tongue:

Here’s another leak from the french channel:

2017-09-26 10:31 <&Magus> déjà je peux vous dire que c’est pas un puzzle optim

Not sure that’s as relevant as one’d hope. Who knows, maybe at some point a multiplayer optimization puzzle was in the works, and that was abandoned. Anyway, this also fits the other scenario.

Hello @Jahz

Sorry for not taking the time to give you some updates about the contest.

There is not much to say for now though. Agade, Magus, reCurse and pb4 have a job, they cannot spend as much as time as us creating a contest. It’s also taking much more time than usually. Firstly, they had to get used to our home-made “tools”. It took July and August. Secondly, we’re discussing via Slack only to discuss and decide things. I’m sure you understand how that can slow the overall project. Since mid-September though, a game has been chosen as well as a theme. The development is on-going. You can expect the contest in November.

We’ll tell you the dates very soon.

5 Likes

Great thanks for the news.
The aim was not to put any “pressure” with this thread, just getting and centralizing news and informations about the next contest :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great thread ever Jahz :slight_smile:

It’s nice to have some feedback of the work from “the gang of 4” (+CG of course).
Keep us informed, even bad news is some news.

(I Just hope it won’t turn into a troll fest)

No worries. Great initiative!

We works very well under pressure.

copy paste, copy paste, copy paste. Oh this code looks fine, we just have to refact… lol just joking, copy paste, copy paste

4 Likes

Updated with the date and duration, which are now know from the official contest page :slight_smile:

1 Like