Call for the next community contests contributors

There are 11 people currently working in 4 teams for the next contests. The waiting list also contains around 10 people. You’ll be able to play with our toolkit soon.

1 Like

I am interested :slight_smile:

Hello ! I’m also interested :slight_smile:

Hi [CG] Thibaud,

I am also interested. I have a few ideas, which I already posted on the forum. If you can add me now or later, I will be very obliged. However, I won’t be available from 26Jan to 26March. So maybe if you have a contest after that, you can call me.

Thanking you,
CyberLemonade

I’d like to participate too if possible.
I think it could be fun to make a Hold’em challenge or other card-based games, if the platform supports it. Currently most challenges revolve around graphs…

Count me in, but I need some good AI programmer in my team :slight_smile:

You can count me in if needed, especially for the game design !
But I can code as well.

I haven’t created any CG contest, but I’m pretty sure it’s not that easy to create a viable, balanced and attractive game for everyone. Most notably, the ranking system seems a significant restriction to me, not allowing a more experimental approach aimed at exploring new kind of games.

I’ve particularly in mind cooperative as well as open-ended challenges, with not real victory conditions (at least, not calculated the way it is done now). More notable changes, such as getting rid of the turn-based sequence also come to my mind, but the actual template is already sufficient to introduce novelties. I think it’s an area worths exploring, but I can’t really guarantee it would lead to better challenges.

Keeping in mind that CG business plan is probably slightly more pragmatic than just offering bandwidth and CPU power for free, is it conceivable that CG could make room for some kind of experimental contest? Maybe as a distraction between two real contests, with less requirements (nothing to win and no ranking changes), but also less involvement from CG too (a working example as the last contest referee is all that is needed) in order to play with new ideas?

It is conceivable. Not sure we’ll promote it as much as regular contests, but we’re willing to propose experimental games created by the community on the platform. Try playing with the sdk and let us know!

Hello, I’m looking for testers!

2 games need to be tested:

• the next contest game: it’s the final testing phase focusing on details. Statement, stub, wood leagues, error messages, viewer… We’ll do that next week.

• the contest after: here it’s initial testing of a prototype focused on getting feedback on game and possible rules. Can be done in the following weeks.

How? I add you to a specific Slack channel where we discuss testing with the creators.

Obviously, if you test a game, you’re not eligible to a prize. And you can’t tell the game to non-testers.

i would like to test :slight_smile:

1 Like

o/

I can help!!!

1 Like

Hi, most of the current community contest creators are looking forward to create an AI game. Quite normal since we’ve been holding such games for quite some time now.

However, we’d like to experiment and bring back contests lasting a few hours and including solo puzzles. Who would be interested in building such puzzles? Let me know :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you mean pure solo puzzle or optimization puzzle ?

Anyway, i’m interested.

both actually.

Interested for both.

Why not but I suck in AI, not in ideas.

I’m already in a team for a multiplayer contest, so I won’t put my hand up right now. But I’m interested in it.

I’m interested in creating some optimization puzzle but will volunteer to create a solo or an AI one too.

I’m interrested in both.