Cannot login with Google anymore (changed e-mail)

Hi! I have a Google account. I don’t know how that happened but it was linked not to gmail.com but my other e-mail address. It means I had a Google account but had not Gmail. And as my e-mail it always used my non-gmail address. I also used it to login in other services (like Codinggame).
I was totally fine with it until recently I finally created a Gmail account and now my logins with Google account broke on some cites. Now I have two e-mails linked to Google but it picks up my gmail mail, not the old one.

So… I can’t log into my codingame account anymore. When I tried to login with Google account it used my gmail address (neilanaalina@gmail.com) and created new account here. When I tried to login by using my old e-mail (neilana@yandex.ru) it tells me to use Google-account instead… And login with Google cannot use my old e-mail :frowning:

Here’s how you can solve this:

Codingame account1 linked to neilana@yandex.ru
CodinGame account2 linked to neilanaalina@gmail.com

1. I believe you can delete account2 since it’s empty
  2. Click on retrieve password and enter email neilana@yandex.ru so you’ll be able to generate a new password for account1
  3. Log in on account1 with the new password. Go to your settings and change your email address to neilanaalina@gmail.com. Then you’ll be able to login via google

Let me know if you manage to make it working

It worked! :slight_smile: Thanks! I was terrified and thought I’ve lost all progress I had on that account.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.