This is a continuation of discussion started here and in chat.
Many people voice concerns that CG team is lately more focused on the tech.io side, delaying even seemingly easyfix issues for months. The go to answer to those concerns is that this service is provided for free and so end-users are not entitled to having their issues given priority.
Alright, so let's discuss the most obvious answer to that.
I'll first address the elephant in the room - no, I do not propose pay-to-win in any way or form. Whatever improvements the premium would entail, it should benefit the platform as a whole.
So what I am proposing is introducing a premium account feature with a reasonable price (?), that provides some cosmetic and/or QoL features (?) with funds from it going strictly to improving competitive side of CG. For example (this is the list of features everybody would get, including non-paying):
- More/faster servers
- Higher timeout tolerance
- Better contest end times
- Anti-cheating system in contests
- Rework CP calculations
- Release referee code for older multis
- Migrate older multis to league system
- Additional leagues for more popular multis (looking at you, CSB)
- Support for ML/RL based bots (at least file i/o)
- Additional prizes in contests
- Better submit history (tagging, renaming, diffs, ...)
To me competitive bot programming is a hobby with CG providing the best service on the market for this niche and I personally have no issue in paying a reasonable price to ensure it's given the priority I'd like to see.