Temperatures puzzle discussion

If you print the right answer but prints more afterwards, you’ll get this message. Basically don’t print anything else than what is expected.

1 Like

Someone provide the complete solution

Sharing complete solutions is against the rules.
https://www.codingame.com/forum/t/read-before-posting/800

1 Like

Hello, I think there’s a bug!
My code is good, yet the third check does not pass when I submit my code!
Please, fix that ! :slight_smile:

You can be sure that there is no bug. Over 170,000 people have solved this puzzle.
In general, a puzzle is usually tested several times by the community before it is published. So the likelihood of errors in the testcases is pretty low. And the non-community puzzles have now been solved by so many people that there are certainly no bugs.
However, this relates to errors in the testcases, for errors in the description it is a little different.

In general, it is also a good attitude to assume that you make a mistake yourself and not everyone else :grinning:

Now to your problem: The third validator is called “5526 alone”. Have you ever tried simply entering 5526 as the only temperature in your program?

2 Likes

I just resubmitted my code, and it passes everything.
The bug isn’t in the puzzle.

Hi, could u tell me if there is an error if I share u my code ?

Please don’t post complete code publicly please. You can explain your problem, and post an excerpt of your code if you know where the problem is located.

There is probably an error in my code, I’m not an expert, but everything else works and I don’t understand why with 5526 it doesn’t work.

If you set your min to, say, 1000 and update in on the fly when you find better, it would pass all validators except the third one.
Just pick a higher value like 10 000 and it will be fine.
More geneally, if you want to initialize a min and don’t know the bounds of your values, some languages have a value “infinity” which is higher than any number.
In python for example you can use float(“inf”) to initialize a min.

1 Like

@Vicoudou your code is not good enough hehe :wink: fix it!

You should work on your test cases, IDE test of negative numbers has 3 positive and brings error of expecting -5. Your tests after submmiting are wrong too, all negatives gives me error, I test with all negatives and my code works as intended, same with a lot of your tests.

As I have already said:

Is it possible that you are messing up the first and the second line? The first line shows the number of temperatures and the second line shows the temperatures.

So for the test of negative numbers the temperatures are: -12, -5, -137
The 3 in the first line only means that there are 3 temperatures given.

Hi everyone,

So I’m trying to solve this in Python and I’m having problems with the last case, which says “no temperature”

I’ve tried to “debug” it by printing the n in the last case and the input seems to be “0”, yet if I force an elif to be if n == 0 print(0), it’ll still print my initiatior which is 9999 (so I’m guessing here n is not really 0, it isn’t None neither)

I think I might be misunderstanding the last case, any hints?

(sorry if bad english)

I solved this by putting the conditional if n == 0 before the other checks (<= checks)

1 Like

if my input is 15 -7 9 14 12, which result do i receive?
I run my code with this input and my result is 7. My code pass all test

You must display -7 in this case, not 7.

should be 0 i think

need help with my code i could run all cases except the first one…
code summarized:
separate negative and positive
negative also made positive
find small values in both positive and negative and then compare them
**the smallest one is the answer **

Code removed by moderator.
Please avoid to post full code, try to limit to an extract.

at last i have a bit adjusted but i dont know what to do … any suggestions…

There are some logic issues in your code, and also some strange duplicates.
Here’s a reworked version of it, hope that helps.

Code removed by moderator.