Blunder - Episode 1 - Puzzle discussion

Hey dude, I have the same problem.
So far I’ve ruled that it’s not a LOOP, and that my program doesn’t send a fake “LOOP”. It must be an issue with the instructions we send out.
So far I’ve managed to reproduce the test in another environment, but I haven’t found a map with a problem yet. Maybe we should ask staff for help ?
I’ll keep you posted.

Looking at the validator, I’d bet you somehow implemented wrongly the inverter but can’t be sure so I’m sending you both the validator. @cclaude42 @Rhydberg
Feel free to share in this public thread what was the issue in your code once you find it.

1 Like

Found the issue. If I was on a direction, like “N”, but there was an obstacle in front of me, I ignored the direction, and turned the wrong way.

1 Like

Congratulations on 100% @cclaude42 . I found my bug too. It was just a silly little thing in my teleporter code. Thanks for the help @TwoSteps !

1 Like

Bonjour,

Dans le même cas que Rhydberg et cclaude42 je réussi à atteindre les 100% des validateurs IDE mais lors du post de ma solution, les validateurs du problème retourne en erreur le fameux “all together” et j’atteins donc les 91%.

J’ai essayé de monter mes propres tests mais je ne reproduis jamais de cas Ko. Serait-il possible d’avoir une indication de comment trouver le bug qui m’empêche d’atteindre les 100% ?

En vous remerciant!

I’ll share the validator here instead of sending it in a private message. It’ll be simpler for people having the same issue later.

All together:

15 15
###############
#      X$     #
#      X      #
#  @   X      #
#      X     T#
#      XXXXXXX#
#  B   T      #
#  X          #
#  X          #
#  B          #
#    B  BI  NX#
#  XXXXXX     #
#             #
#             #
###############

SOUTH
SOUTH
SOUTH
SOUTH
SOUTH
SOUTH
SOUTH
EAST
EAST
EAST
EAST
EAST
EAST
EAST
EAST
EAST
NORTH
NORTH
NORTH
NORTH
WEST
WEST
WEST
WEST
WEST
WEST
WEST
WEST
WEST
WEST
NORTH
NORTH
NORTH

Thank you very much.

I find my error which is an inversion of cell on the read of map and that happend only on this map, bad luck.

100% reach for me so good luck for the next !

img

Hello
I probably misunderstood the exercise.
But could some one explain me my error in the image ? It looks pretty good to me but I can’t validate the test

(EN & FR responses are welcome)

On the top of the test zone, there’s a “list” icon. By clicking on it you can see the answer expected for each test case.
Here your answer takes too much moves, and the first difference with the valid solution is a “NORTH” instead of a “SOUTH”.

thanks a lot for the answer
but I did actually understand
What I don’t get is why NORTH

My unserstanding from the above sentence was that after east we should try go North
But I think I misunderstood,
Maybe we should always try SOUTH first

Ah yes. You always have to try from the list start.

Hello,
Row 2 of the Multiple Loops test is as follows:

#@#I T$#

Bender is to the left of ‘T’, heading North, and having just passed its first inverter.
Bender can’t go further North because there is a wall on Row 1.
Since directions are inverted once, Bender should now go East, according to Rule 6.
However, the test is showing Bender going West instead.
What rule am I misunderstanding?
Thank you,
John

Never mind. Got it.

How it’s possible ? :crazy_face:

Your code must be incorrectly handling a situation present only in this one validator.
I don’t know what that validator looks like, but they are usually very similar to the corresponding test case.

In settings you can enable Expert mode - that gives you access to custom test cases.
My advice would be to try some different variations of the first test case.

For example

5 5
#####
#  $#
#   #
#@  #
#####

Expected output:

EAST
EAST
NORTH
NORTH

2 Likes

this is happening to me also…did you figure it out?

could you post the case for the first validator? (Simple moves) i’m passing all tests but that one. thanks!

here you go:

#####
# @ #
#   #
#   #
#  $#
#####

SOUTH
SOUTH
SOUTH
EAST

thank you!

I fail the last test, which is fine, but the message confuses me. This is the output:

SOUTH

SOUTH

SOUTH

SOUTH

SOUTH

SOUTH

SOUTH

SOUTH

SOUTH

SOUTH

SOUTH

WEST

WEST

NORTH

NORTH

NORTH

NORTH

NORTH

NORTH

NORTH

NORTH

NORTH

NORTH

EAST

EAST

SOUTH

SOUTH

SOUTH

SOUTH

SOUTH

SOUTH

SOUTH

SOUTH

SOUTH

SOUTH

EAST

EAST

EAST

EAST

EAST

NORTH

NORTH

NORTH

NORTH

NORTH

NORTH

NORTH

NORTH

NORTH

NORTH

NORTH

SOUTH

LOOP

### Failure

Found:

SOUTH...

Expected:

LOOP

As you can see, my last input is “LOOP”, but the tests says that “SOUTH…” is found.

The test could be complaining about a previous step, but in the other tests I always got catched in the wrong step, not at the end.

If that’s the reason, it would be useful that the test specifies which step is wrong, like this is quite difficult to find, more because when I put debug traces, then it is truncated at some point and I cannot see all the flow.

Thanks a lot.