CodeBusters challenge: details & questions

I’m sorry for the misunderstanding, my answer wasn’t a lecture at all. You are right concerning the distribution of the ghosts, and that rule will hold until the end of the contest as you’ve asked. I’m here to help, not to lecture.

9 Likes

Sorry for my reaction Maxime, I got it the wrong way.
Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Quick question: if your bot code is chosen to become a tier boss, do you get to find out?

It would be nice to know that your bot code is being used to thrash people in the lower tiers. :slight_smile:

@mrxo You can just recognize that your code is being used. They used mine for the gold boss. No one told me, but I could tell because it had the exact same strategy and the same bugs. (And it used the same language, Python3, and was about the same level in the rankings.) Since my algorithm was deterministic, when I played it against myself, it behaved like a mirroring of my bot. It looked really funny. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I suppose so. But most of my league promotions happened as soon as the league went live, and when I was offline. So if they had chosen my bot, I would have been promoted before I would get a chance to see it play myself.

Hello, is it known when CodeBusters achievements will be granted? :slight_smile:
I mean these for beaing in top 100 for example.

there is a small bug about this. It is being taken care of right now