[Community Puzzle] Depot organization

Coding Games and Programming Challenges to Code Better

Send your feedback or ask for help here!

Hello everybody,

I have a question about this puzzle:

My solution handles all test cases and four of the five validators. It only fails “Random case, very hard 2” – and I have no idea why. Without any input or output data, I’m totally lost

Any suggesions are welcome. I’ll be happy to provide my voluminous solution (100+ lines of code, excluding comments and empty lines) if someone cares to take a look at it.

Best regards,
LZ

I am also in this case, the worst since I have to look for what is wrong in a program that passes all the tests !

here’s validator “Random case, very hard 2”

INPUT

J A Z L F R
J X Z T Z X
X L T F E V
X Z X E L T
V X Z T V Z
T V X W E T
Z V L V V W

OUTPUT

6W 5T 4X 3E 2L 1Z 0R

Thanks, I didn’t mind waiting a couple more years. :slight_smile:

I’m sorry I missed it in the first place :frowning:

Thanks ! Je m’y remets ce soir !

Merci _CG_Thibaud.
J’ai compris mon erreur. Je gĂ©rais mal les dĂ©pĂŽts qui avaient plusieurs fois une mĂȘme lettre.
Le cĂŽtĂ© vexant mais surtout trĂšs instructif c’est qu’en accĂ©dant aux solutions des autres, et comme je m’y attendais, des solutions beaucoup plus Ă©lĂ©gantes existaient (comme celle de tobk).

Hello there,
i am stuck with this puzzle as I found the good solution and some others which satisty the rules (or i miss something).
here are my answer for the first validator, by example:

1F 5K 4M 6G 3V 2W 0G
4K 1X 2R 6C 5G 0J 3C

I asume ‘B’ is the lowest letter in this example and is at the right wall of center in the two cases. all depot match with these neighbours. I only use rotation.
Did i forget to read something ?
thanks.

Maybe this can be clearer:
here is the second answer (good for me, bad for the result):

thanks

Rule 2 is The **center** depot must be oriented such that the texture denoted by the **alphabetically lowest character** is on the wall to the **right** .
The letter C in your example has to be to the right, where your G currently is.

2 Likes

thank you very much hero @djoums ! i understood this sentence as “the depot with the alphabetically lowest character must be to the right of the center depot
” my bad english :wink: ! thanks again.

1 Like