[Community Puzzle] Robot show

Very good description.
I recall the first time I have this problem solved, I was excited, intrigued, and had a moment breathless.
Share the joy of discovery to the world.

1 Like

That cube example is exactly what I needed to solve it, thanks man.

This is almost a spoiler. I solved it instantly after reading your post.

What is under Validator 2,4,5 test cases are all ok but Validator not :frowning: I Donā€™t have idea why

Some combinations of robot facing direction in the init status do not give the optimum longest time as answer. Are you using some predefined init directions?

:raised_back_of_hand:Hi to All !
Does anyone experiencing problems with Groovy environment ?
Each time i try something, whereas with only the println ā€œanswerā€ default code line in IDE, iā€™ve got timeout errors !
-> Can anyone help me ?
maybe @smartdiscover17 or someone in the Team ?
Thanks a lot if possible ā€¦

There is a problem with the groovy environment, and it was already reported. But I donā€™t know if anything is planned about thisā€¦ @TwoSteps ?

1 Like

OK, :thinking: thanks @anon72424297 for your reply !
-> learning Groovy would be for later :sleepy:ā€¦

@CGTeam : if possible ā€¦ thanks by advance :worried: .
is there maybe somewhere else (like tickets) to report eventually other similar problems ?
and to be notified when solved ? It could be useful out of forum about this puzzle ā€¦
(sorry for my :confused: ignorance at now)

Funny puzzle. Personally I found out the solution through ā€œreverse-engineeringā€ the test samples, and remembering that the problem is marked Easy, so I tried something simple and it turned out this was the solution. I might have took more time, if not for the samples.

The bug ticket is still in our backlog. Iā€™m sorry we havenā€™t fixed Groovy yet.

You can report issues using the contact us page: https://www.codingame.com/about/contact

1 Like

I did the exact same! Itā€™s nice to see the animation :wink:

I get 100% my 1 solution was ok but to slow :slight_smile:

Love this puzzle. To whoever is still trying the brutal force, stop what you are doing right now. There is simple trick in this question.

Think about the example, when two bots collide with each other, it is equivalent to those two bots has bypassed each other. So the bot will travel however the length left in the tunnel!

Thanks to you @TwoSteps and all the @_CG_Team, Groovy language seems to build again :slight_smile: ā€¦ so pleased :slight_smile: !

Unfortunately, as i said in the Happy Numbers forum ([Community Puzzle] Happy Numbers - #40 by Jp82), all my Tests pass successfully in Groovy, in this puzzle too ā€¦ but none of the Validators :frowning: !
ā†’ Is there another (or the same) mistake in my code ?
Thanks to anyone who can help to solve the problem :confused: !

Hi to all :slight_smile: !
As i said in this topic (Groovy gets timeouts in every clash now - #17 by Jp82) reporting the same problem, iā€™d like now to share the good news with all concerns in this topic too ā€¦
ā†’ Groovy coding works now for me in both IDE and Validators :slightly_smiling_face: !
=> Iā€™d like to thanks @anon72424297 too, involved as @TwoSteps i think, and maybe others members of the @CGTeam, because of the issues seems to be solved :clap:
Thanks a lot to anyone worked around !
=> Now time is to get fun again with Groovy coding :wink: ā€¦
bye !

1 Like

hey guys

I am solving this robot show puzzle and I have solved first 2 test, I guess by luck xD. I am trying to do it in c++. I have read the forum on it but I got no hints from there. If anyone can provide me with some hints to solve this problem will be helpful.

Yeah, that solved it for me.

This is a fun puzzle :slight_smile:

Yes @Liquidor : I agree with you ā€¦ and the ā€˜Robot showā€™ must go on :wink: ā€¦

I have also problem with validator 5, I use half step movements, and use modulo to figure out where is the middle, but still I have problem.