Mad Pod Racing - Puzzle Discussion

Almost right. It’s a preventive measure.

How do I know when I am promoted to the next league? I’ve done the arena multiple times and I’m not told anything once the battles are done.

You may refer to the promotion timer at the top of the webpage if you are indeed getting a promotion.

However, sometimes there’s a bug in promotion. When that happens, you may have to resubmit your code to get yourself promoted. If that still doesn’t work, you may have to report the bug for CG staff to fix your promotion.

So I just got past Bronze League, was working on solving the new parameters given by Silver League, then got notified that I passed Silver league and I found myself in Gold. I’m not ready for Gold and would like to solve Silver before trying to drink from the fire hose of Gold. Does anyone know how I can revert to the previous league?

Aside from making new account, you can’t revert. And there is no point to, because you “solved” silver by passing it. Congratz on finishing the tutorial part! Now enjoy mostly final rules and new inputs order (you can get it by resetting the code to default). Keep going and have fun!

Thanks for the quick response! I would prefer to have ensured I had the shield mechanics correct before moving on, but it seems there’s no recourse. Thanks again…

Hello,
I have a code with import time who doesn’t work:

import sys

import math

import time

Auto-generated code below aims at helping you parse

the standard input according to the problem statement.

t0 =0

enVirage = False

#game loop

while True:

# next_checkpoint_x: x position of the next check point

# next_checkpoint_y: y position of the next check point

# next_checkpoint_dist: distance to the next checkpoint

# next_checkpoint_angle: angle between your pod orientation and the direction of the next checkpoint

x, y, next_checkpoint_x, next_checkpoint_y, next_checkpoint_dist, next_checkpoint_angle = [int(i) for i in input().split()]

opponent_x, opponent_y = [int(i) for i in input().split()]

# Write an action using print

# To debug: print("Debug messages...", file=sys.stderr, flush=True)

# You have to output the target position

# followed by the power (0 <= thrust <= 100)

# i.e.: "x y thrust"

if next_checkpoint_dist>1000:

accel = 100

enVirage = False

accel =int(accel - next_checkpoint_angle/3)

elif next_checkpoint_dist<2000:

accel = int(next_checkpoint_dist/2000*100)

accel =int(accel - next_checkpoint_angle/3.5)

enVirage = True

to = int(time.time())

***************** here the while never happens ******************************

while ( time.time()-t0< 2.0  ):

accel= 40

print(str(next_checkpoint_x) + " " + str(next_checkpoint_y) + " " +str(accel))

if (accel <= 0):

accel = 0

elif (accel>100):

accel = 100
print(str(next_checkpoint_x) + " " + str(next_checkpoint_y) + " " +str(accel))

Would you please edit your message and format your code properly by using the </> button in the toolbar? We aren’t able to read your code easily in the present state.

Also, which league are you in?

I’m in wood 2 league .
i’ve tihs code but he doesn’t work

/**
 * Auto-generated code below aims at helping you parse
 * the standard input according to the problem statement.
 **/

// game loop
while (true) {
    var inputs = readline().split(' ');
    const x = parseInt(inputs[0]);
    const y = parseInt(inputs[1]);
    const nextCheckpointX = parseInt(inputs[2]); // x position of the next check point
    const nextCheckpointY = parseInt(inputs[3]); // y position of the next check point
    const nextCheckpointDist = parseInt(inputs[4]); // distance to the next checkpoint
    const nextCheckpointAngle = parseInt(inputs[5]); // angle between your pod orientation and the direction of the next checkpoint
    var inputs = readline().split(' ');
    const opponentX = parseInt(inputs[0]);
    const opponentY = parseInt(inputs[1]);

// Write an action using console.log()
    // To debug: console.error('Debug messages...');

// You have to output the target position
    // followed by the power (0 <= thrust <= 100)
    // i.e.: "x y thrust"
    console.log(nextCheckpointX + ' ' + nextCheckpointY + '100');
    console.log(opponentX + ' ' + opponentY+ '100');

}

can somone help me

You should output (i.e. console.log) once per turn (i.e. once per while loop), not twice. Also make sure there is a space character before the thrust.

G’day all!

I’m in silver league, and can consistently place 1st/2nd but am having issues figuring out where to further refine my code.

Currently I’m using vector steering: my position + (checkpoint position-my next position),
BOOST if more than 5000, and angle to next checkpoint is less than 15 degrees,
Cut power and start turning to centre of map if <2500 of the objective and angle is less than 15 degrees.

It’s working really well, but without the next next checkpoint coordinates, I just can’t figure out where to further refine the code to drive better to get those extra couple of points to beat the boss and advance to gold. Any suggestions?

Have you tried this target: next checkpoint position - current pod’s velocity. Velocity isn’t provided, so you’d have to calculate your own from the positions.

1 Like

Checkpoint coordinates can be collected and stored during the first lap for later reuse.

I did that, yeah. made me cruise through bronze.
currently exploring with current heading vs ideal heading.

I attempted that, store it in an array.
I’m working in C, it timed out pretty quickly, maybe I need to go back and find a more efficient method of storing and calling the locations.

How to switch back to initial game conditions from the wood league? Without collisions and boost

Hi all, is it existing a way to solve the problem offline ? (i mean something like an simulator env.) Thanks !

You can’t go back in league. At best, you can create new account and try not to promote.
There is optimization puzzle search race, with similar physics that can be seen as single-player mad pod racing.

Hi all, is it existing a way to solve the problem offline ? (i mean something like an simulator env.) Thanks !

You can try cg brutaltester with coders strike back (former mad pod racing name) referee.

1 Like

Thank you for your answer !

Hello i have this error

Une erreur est survenue (#73) : "Only 1 executor running at the same time for a test session"

and cannot run my code anymore…
Any fix?

2 Likes