Ocean of Code - Bugs

Thank you. A good addition would be to indicate what is in store in the higher league, even if we can guess from the input :slight_smile:
I reached Wood 1 but it was not evident what had been added. Display it in a specific color would maybe help ?
If the enemy uses the sonar, will I see “SONAR4” (in the description) or “SONAR 4” (what I see in the referee)?

Both of your points are one our list and will be added on the next deploy. You can see a preview here. To see statements for different leagues, switch them at the top right.

Wood should have more games for times like these where there are nearly 300 people there. Scale it up imo.

In Java, an exception occurs with some invalid output :
Output : SURFACE | TORPEDO | MSG 19
TORPEDO isn’t allowed with SURFACE command.
Result : unknown exception: index 1 out of bounds for lenght 1

Ex. : https://www.codingame.com/replay/441405225

Referee should handle this and issue a proper message.

TORPEDO needs to have coordinates after the command.

We discovered a bug in the Referee where player aiming at Coordinates very far away, Islands or outside the map causes the Referee itself to timeout. This is most likely what caused the non functioning Submits.
We have fixed it and are waiting for CG to update the game.

In the meantime, try to aim inside the map and avoid Islands :smiley:

2 Likes

That’s the point, if you put a bad command, referee throw an exception. It should handle that case and maybe force a SURFACE command.

Depending on how bad it is, you should lose according to the guidelines.

• The referee must end a player’s program when receiving an unrecognizable command.
  • The referee must send an error message in the console when receiving an invalid but recognized command.

Hello, I’m lightly colorblind and I cannot distinct at all the red player indications (loading, life point). For me, it’s all red.
For green player (I see it green :grinning:) the colors are very differents.
If you release a new version, could you improve this?
Thanks

3 Likes

Could you give ideas how it should be changed? You know best what would work better :slight_smile:

Maybe you can use a very different color, like blue or white ?

Not sure if these 3 colors work. I tried a few and the problem is the blue ocean we show through the 50 % transparent colors :thinking:

I’m sorry I’ve badly explained…
The problem is just for the loadings indicators and life points. In this image, I’m not able to see if my torpedo is fully loaded or not, if I have all my life points, etc.
And it’s only for the red player. For the green player, the contrast between the green points and the other points (I asked to my wife and it seems to be gray-green) are ok.
Screenshot%20from%202020-03-23%2012-18-07

1 Like

Earlier today we published some new changes:

• Wood bosses are slightly nerfed
  • Max turns increased to 300 each player
  • League updates are shown in green in the statement + other wording fixes in the statement
  • Tooltips on the viewer is reduced to only show lives lost. (Someone wanted the Actions back, so let us know and we can consider adding it back again)
  • Orange messages are shown on screen
  • Multiple frames are added every time a player does multiple commands
  • Current action is shown on the bottom of the screen
5 Likes

Hi, can you add wood 3 league just for moving.

3 Likes

Knowing why you lose life is useful for quick debugging. I miss actions too but I can live without if it hampers the viewer.

Yes, we will include what caused the life to be reduced in the tooltips.

Thanks, I also forgot to warmly thank you for all your efforts to bring this game to life. This is much appreciated

5 Likes

Hi, I would be very happy if you could put actions back to tooltips – makes it far easier for me to check what I’m doing there without scrolling through the hole log.
I like it that there are more moves now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@ domak
newcounters

Can you see the difference clearly here?