Summer Challenge 2024 - Olymbits: Score is 0

Hi all,

Have a look at this replay, please:

I’ve got nine gold, three silver and 15 bronze. Though still my total score is zero.
According to the description:

mini_game_score = nb_silver_medals + nb_gold_medals * 3

So my score should not be zero.

I’ve checked that I provided a command output for every turn. So this is not the reason either.

Any thoughts why is this happening?
Thanks.

2 Likes

Hi hypers,

Please check the following sentence.

“The scores for all four mini-games are multiplied together to determine the final score.”

Thanks.

5 Likes

This makes sense now. Thanks.
Initially I’ve read it as “score from every discipline must be greater than zero (in order to multiply)”.

Screenshot 2024-06-12 at 20.26.02

1 Like

I’m seeing the same thing, scoring is not quite right.

1 Like

Hey,

Move your mouse over your score at the bottom of the screen to see the breakdown of medals. If there is at least one game on which you have only bronze medals, then your score for that game is 0 and the multiplication will be 0. If, after this check, you do find a bug, please share the replay of the game so we can check :wink:

5 Likes

Is there any bug when calculating the score? The instructions indicate that score is based on this formula
mini_game_score = nb_silver_medals + nb_gold_medals * 3

However I have zero points although I have 4 gold medals

Please refer to the explanation above.

2 Likes

This confused me for some time - the explanation is that you have to have at least one gold or silver from each of the different types of mini-game i.e. the gold/silvers score from hurdles is multiplied by the gold/silver from archery by the gold/silvers from cycling etc.