Ask for Optimization Update to all optimization game to Codingame Team

Hi Codingame team,

I like to improve my score to optimization game and it less fun than Bot Programming because we cannot watch matches.

I suggest an improvement, instead to display the global score (sum of each level), to be able to show the details of score for each level for each player.

So instead a global points, we will be able to show details:
Level 1: XXX points
Level 2: YYY points
Level 3: ZZZ points
Total: 7 Millions points

It will lead all Codingamer to improve algo for all levels and will give a funnier step to optimization games.

And of course just 2500 points is not really rewarding. Ask for a 3000 points instead could be a bit more rewarding.

Of course thanks a lot for this super website.
It just suggestion to improve the website but it’s already great like this.

You’re the best team.

1 Like

The draw back is it will be easier to achieve the maximum result (because code will aim specific level) and top board will be a bit changed because of this new mechanism.

I quite like this idea. Some of the optimisation puzzles have voluntarily posted per-case scores, and I find that motivating and interesting to study. Eg. Code Of The Rings I was on the fence about doing a minimal effort submission just for the Quest but comparing my scores to VirtualAtom’s really got me into it (and still bugs me because I didn’t match one :slight_smile: ). But it’s a clear disadvantage to post your own scores, it only help others focus their efforts. Much better if all our scores are forcibly disclosed. A half-way option is just to reveal the very top scores for each case.

I doubt there are yet any with truly perfect scores. Just possibly Mars Lander, but it will be very difficult to prove optimality even with several on the same top score.

Clearly the Fall Challenge score breakdowns would be really interesting!