I am currently playing Codin Escape in PHP, and I have encountered numerous bugs and issues which I want to report here, and which I would LOVE if they got fixed:
Global Codin Escape bugs:
- All text are displayed in french, even though I have english as my setting. Luckily I know some french.
- Functions are disabled. Don’t do that. (Or at least I couldn’t figure out how to make them work. Because of that, I just spun up VS Code, and wrote a program there, for when I needed it.
- PHP Language Assist constantly breaking, after some time has elapsed, it just stops working, and it just keeps spinning, and it gives A LOT of false positive error messages in my code, that has 0 errors.
- When clicking on a point of interest, and then clicking on either “Manual Input” or “Connect”, it doesn’t actually do either of those, all it does is swap the radio button that’s on the right panel where your code is.
- Connecting then Disconnecting inputs messes up their reference name. This made me stuck for 2 hours when you had to do the notes on the 3 casettes. Make it so that each input has its own name. Pretty please.
- 90% of puzzles are point and click. This is barely a programming puzzle game anymore, I can count on 1 hand the amount of times I even had the programming panel up, because you can just manually input anything.
- Gears output (where you need to input the counterweight) gives success message and audio to ANY input. It does NOT actually unlock anything, it just gives wrong message and audio. This made me getting stuck for 30 minutes because I thought I solved the puzzle, while I didn’t.
- The paintings with dots and the phone keyboard layout on the wall, is a badly displayed puzzle. I know exactly what I need to do, I just cannot do it, because the borders are basically undistinguishable on the wall. I would love it if someone could explain it to me, how you are supposed to determine which border relates to what frame side. So please do.
Back to the 80s Scenario:
- The keypad really could have some additional info. Do you need leading zeroes? Turns out you cannot use leading zeroes. That’s why I say, there NEEDS to be additional info.
Rescue Mission Scenario:
- $symbol, $symbol2, $message don’t have the same strlen(), therefore they cannot be used as masks.
This is the final version of the list.
Looking forward to your replies