Clash of Code has just been launched in Beta!
What is it?
It’s a new multiplayer gaming mode where you can challenge your friends in short coding battles.
The aim is to solve a given puzzle within the constraints of the chosen game mode.
There are 3 available duration for Clashes:
- “Fastest”: 5 minutes
- “Coffee Break”: 10 minutes
- “Reflection”: 20 minutes
There are 3 different modes to play with, but they are randomly applied when a Clash is launched (i.e.: you cannot select your mode):
- Fastest: the aim is to be the first one to solve the problem, as fast as possible
- Shortest: you have to write the shortest solution possible
- Reverse: you have to code without being able to see the statement
Starting/Joining a Clash
You can choose either to launch your own Clash and wait for players to join it (or invite people you follow to join your game), or you can join an existing Clash.
When a Clash is pending, players wait in the lobby for others players to join. The Clash creator can however decide to launch the Clash by clicking the Start button.
Winning Clashes allows you to earn Coding Points.
There is also a special CoC leaderboard, so you can see how you’re ranked among Clashers.
Known Bugs :
- Popup while the clash is invalid is not displayed correctly Fixed
- Notifications are sent even if the Codingamer is not is the Clash anymore. Fixed
- There is no gamercard in the report page Fixed
- Clicking on the “Clashed” or “Score” menus doesn’t do anything. Fixed
New requested features:
- As a CodinGamer, I want to see the In Progress clashes. Fixed
- As a CodinGamer, I want to clash against people using the same kind of language.
- Avoid negative scores
- As a CodinGamer, I want a sound effect when the clash starts