Code edition section not displayed nor editable

Hello

Am I the only one who encounter troubles with the code edition section ?
As soon as I go into the IDE in order to resolve a puzzle, everything works rightly, except the code edition section (where we are supposed to write our code, in case of my words were not understanble enough).
When I try to hit to test button, the console displays what the code leads to print, a print(“answer”) ; so there is something (the common inital thing : parsing and the final print), but not seeable nor editable.
The reset code button (revolving arrow on the right up corner of the code section) does not change anything.

I tried a disconnection reconnection, another web browser, different puzzles ; nothing changed

4 Likes

Me too, I have the same problem :frowning:

1 Like

me 2, think its global problem

I just started a game but i couldn’t code because the code editor was complete blank, I tried selecting it multiple time, changing browser, refreshing multiple time, running test case, changing programming language but nothing worked.

I cannot play the solo puzzle games. the entire right side, where you are supposed to enter in your code, is blank and there is no way to type anything into it. Anyone know how to fix this?

Only Windows users are effected.

Same here. It seems to be a platform issue with Windows; my other partners can play fine on Mac.

1 Like

Hi,

the editor for the histogram (Easy) puzzle won’t load, and the screen doesn’t become editable … tried another language (Pascal) and it did load the example code.

Same here. Tried everything.

We’re investigating the issue, and we’ve rolled back to the previous version so it should be back soon
Sorry for the inconvenience

1 Like

The editor upgrade is back and working even for windows users :slight_smile:

1 Like

Today the editor doesn’t load code properly for me.

When I open the IDE, either for a Clash of Code or for a Classic Puzzle, the editor shows me the code of the previous time I’ve used the editor.

That means that if I solve a puzzle, then later joins a Clash of Code, then the editor starts with my solution to the puzzle, instead of the default code for this Clash. This is not a very serious problem because I can get the default code by clicking the “Restore default code” button.

But if I solve a Clash of Code, then later opens a puzzle that I’ve worked on yesterday but have not finished, then the editor shows the code from my solution to the Clash, instead of the code that I’ve been working on for this puzzle.
(For some puzzles I’ve taken the precaution of saving my progress in a text file on my computer, but for some other puzzles I haven’t taken that precaution.)

Hello, same for me in Clash of Code, Code section will always display the previous CoC (in the selected language)
if I change to a language that I did not used in this session and try to reset the code, it will (correctly) load the start-up code. But If I switch back to my previous language, I always see the previous submitted code of an earlier CoC, resetting the section doesn’t work.

I hope I won’t have to learn F# to make a CoC again haha

Firefox, Windows

I’m a mac user.

Starting today, clash of code bugs

• on safari : i get an endless spinning wheel when the game is about to start, with no success joining.
  • on chrome : i can successfully join, but the code editor then contains the code from my previous clash.

Has any front end change been pushed ?

Yes, an update was pushed to the client last week. The bug making so the default code is always the same for every puzzle was (is supposed?) to be fixed end of friday.

Do you still have that issue after refreshing the page?

1 Like
  • on safari : reloading the page during the spinning wheel won’t help loading, I get the same spinning wheel on a gray background
  • on chrome : reloading the page solve the editor issue, the code template is displayed but we loose some seconds to confirm the reload.

Will you address the safari issue as well ? This is pretty annoying…

• on safari : reloading the page during the spinning wheel won’t help loading, I get the same spinning wheel on a gray background

I wasn’t trying to investigate that issue, is there any error in the console?

• on chrome : reloading the page solve the editor issue, the code template is displayed but we loose some seconds to confirm the reload.

I’m not asking to reload the page every time, just a single time to get the new version of the client

I’ve just tested on Safari on my Mac, and it shows the same issue described by @K.a.r.l . Below are the errors shown in the console:

Ok I’m able to reproduce on the Epiphany browser, thanks!

fix coming

here is my safari console output when the clash is supposed to load

btw: understood for chrome that this is just a test. What I meant is that until the issue is solved, theere is a time penalty to reload the page of approx 15 seconds. Which makes us even more penalized in front of bots :slight_smile: