[Community Puzzle] Annihilation

Coding Games and Programming Challenges to Code Better

Send your feedback or ask for help here!

Created by @Westicles,validated by @UnicornP,@FredericLocquet and @Ayza.
If you have any issues, feel free to ping them.

I don’t mean to be rude, but the “wrapping around” term can be unclear, is this possible to explain what it means (> and v go back to 0 at the end of the line, < and ^ go to max if they are on 0…) ?
Maybe I’mp the only concerned, but it did block me a bit.

1 Like

Isn’t that the definition of wrapping around (for me at least it is)?
I’m just wondering, what did you understand by that?

Maybe it is in fact confusing and I just got lucky and assumed correctly.

Well, i didnt understand it at all, now i know what it means, at least

If this is a question, the answer is first solution each time. “Wrapping around” means that. Same issue than me

1 Like

I wrote my solution and passed Test 1, Test 2 and Test 3.

Unfortunately Test 4, Test 5 and Test 5 fail because I end up in an endless loop because:

• In Test 4 I have 1 arrow left so it steps around forever.
  • In Test 5 I have 7 arrows left which all move up or down on different columns so they will never end up in the same position.
  • In Test 6 I have 5 arrows left which all move left or right on different lines so they will never end up in the same position.

Obviously I made some mistake but because Test 4, 5 and 6 have so many arrows at the start it’s hard to find out where I went wrong. Does anyone have a hint or custom test case to help me find my error?

Luckily I found my error in my solution, it wasn’t an edge case but at some point I removed an arrow before checking if there maybe were others as well on the same position.

BTW, this may help others having doubts about a case like this:

Based on results from the tests I think result should be 2 and arrows are allowed to pass each other as long as they don’t end up on the exact same position.

1 Like