[Community Puzzle] Breaking Apart

https://www.codingame.com/training/hard/breaking-apart

Send your feedback or ask for help here!

Created by @Gorbit99,validated by @CopperFr,@java_coffee_cup and @d-s-x.
If you have any issues, feel free to ping them.

Hi, I solved all the test cases, all of them work. However, when I submit, the last validator fails. Can I see what this validator is checking so that I can try to fix my code ?

There are upper case vowels in the last validator, it might be your problem.

1 Like

Yes but there are upper case vowels as well in the test cases and my code is handling them well. That why I don’t understand where is my mistake

Maybe there’s a mistake in the way you split your syllables and it doesn’t show on testcases cause it doesn’t occur at EOL splits.

Try to output your splits, e.g. for the first testcase, check that you get this:

Der ta na
et
a li o u ma tok
go ri go
te

The following is the first part of the last validator:

At vero eos et accusamus et iusto odio dignissimos ducimus qui landitiis raesentium voluptatum deleniti atque corrupti quos dolores et quas molestias excepturi sit occaecati cupiditate non roviden similique sun in culpa qui officia deserut mollitia animi id et laborum et dolorum

You’re supposed to get this:

At vero eos et accusamus et ius-
to odio dignissimos ducimus qui
landitiis raesentium voluptatum
deleniti atque corrupti quos do-
lores et quas molestias exceptu-
ri sit occaecati cupiditate non
roviden similique sun in culpa
qui officia deserut mollitia
animi id et laborum et dolorum

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your time, I think the way I am spliting the syllabes is correct, I tried to check for each testcase and it looked good. More over, when I test the part you gave me of the last validator on the custom input, it worked. I hope my mistake isn’t stupid

Pm me your code if you want.

Do you have an advice how to debug failed test after submission?
I have one failed test (4) and do not use hardcoding of solutions. Just really dont know, how to find edge cases.

Have you found the bug? I can DM you the validator if you need.

1 Like

Yes, Thanks for asking. The puzzle creator shared the test case and … I had a bug in my logic.

1 Like