[Community Puzzle] Code Keeper - The Hero (beta)

Coding Games and Programming Challenges to Code Better

Send your feedback or ask for help here!

Created by @aCat,validated by @radekmie,@Gabbek and @DomiKo.
If you have any issues, feel free to ping them.

When you order a move towards a nearby cell occupied by a monster, it is an attack. If that attack kills the monster, is the move performed ?

Hi @aCat
I think your maps could use some randomness. Only 21 (84 with mirrors) aren’t that many. Despite some losses because of random zombie movement, I managed to get a comfortable lead by just collecting the highest scored solution for each of the maps. The hardest part was to parse the mess of a json. Sorry for the late reply, I didn’t find the time to comment before it was approved :imp:

My current arena bot stops 1 turn early not to affect the ranking anymore. But you can see how well it’s working in the latest games.

5 Likes

“I didn’t find the time to comment before it was approved”, pun intended ?

1 Like

Of course, the approval was a bit questionable here.
I still think it’s an enjoyable game. I probably wouldn’t bother to complain about the map generation flaw otherwise.

3 Likes

aCat was kind enough to provide the source code of the game to me. Here is a version with randomly generated maps.
Feedback (e.g. too few or many monsters of a certain type, maze layout) is welcome.
https://www.codingame.com/ide/demo/91869925f0da7b1022b05433d49e2d49637eec

4 Likes

I wish there would be an option in setting, that I could see only my part of the maze.