[Community Puzzle] Cosmic Love

Coding Games and Programming Challenges to Code Better

Send your feedback or ask for help here!

Created by @UnicornP,validated by @Yatech,@Bastian971 and @Nagato_Uzumaki.
If you have any issues, feel free to ping them.

Hello! Could you tell me more about the last validator, “The Event Horizon”?
I’m passing all the tests but not the last validator. Thanks :slight_smile:

Maybe try to rewrite the inequation to have only products, no cubic root or divisions.

This puzzle is difficult to debug.
For the test “03 ### Hungry Alice” I find the planet “Nowhere_Planet” I guess it should be destroyed.
Here is what I find for “Nowhere_Planet”
Mass: 43900.0
Volume: 2.5815461672220965e+44
Rock Limit: 1675.6309796475005

Can you tell me if I’m already wrong here?

Thanks in advance

Radius is 4.39e04, mass is 3.95e14. Those are the numbers given to you as inputs.

Thank you, indeed a first mistake of carelessness.

This is what I get now for “CodinPlanet”:
Volume: 1760086704762.852
density: 524.405983808827
rock limit: 954194422929483.1
distance: 76200000000000.0

The rocklimit is greater than the distance to Alice, she seems to be destroyed.

Can you tell me what is wrong among “volume”, “density”, “rocklimit”?

Thanks

Roche limit is wrong. You have used square root instead of cube root. Guess you do have to be more careful, again? :wink:

1 Like

Thank you very much, not always easy to follow everything well using Google Translate…

In the last test there are 2 entries (with different values for r,m,c) for planet GRB_34. Is that intentional?

2 Likes

Good catch! I’ve just amended the name for one of those entries on behalf of the author.

Hi,

I’m in trouble with validators 3 and 5, it may be linked to a trouble with the formulas used. My exploer seems to not display correctly the formulas which integers variable graphics (yellow squares with black letters). could you please help me to get the roch limit formula (I see different version on internet which are giving variation of tests successes…) Also could you confirm that the meter and kg are already to be used without conversion?

thanks!

You don’t have to search any formula online; just follow what’s given in the statement.

The statement is not ok on my explorer the variables are not on the normal place (in the formula) they are all on the bottom of the statement part. So I have not the formula…

I’m not sure what you mean, but I’ve captured a screenshot of the formulas for you. Hope that’s useful.

This was helpfull to check the formula but seems I have troubles with the computation… I don’t see how to debug, is there any unit conversion or reduction of distance to suppress the radius… I tried lot of things but I can’t find a way to get all… very strange.

No unit conversion is needed.

:wave: Hi to all and thanks @UnicornP for this puzzle :slight_smile: …
→ I’ve got a problem : i pass 100% in IDE, but fails on 5th Validator (Horizon) :hushed: !
=> can the Author, or someone else, help me to understand my mistake, please :pray: (or what is different) ?
(this time i used Python)
Thanks by advance :handshake: …

You may send me your code in private message if you want, and I’ll take a look.

1 Like

OK, Thanks @5DN1L for your tip : my mistake was too close to me … as the nose in my figure :rofl: !
→ Thanks a lot, and thanks to @UnicornP for this romantic puzzle :wink: !

1 Like