[Community Puzzle] Detective Geek

Coding Games and Programming Challenges to Code Better

Send your feedback or ask for help here!

Created by @AdemDj12,validated by @pshemke,@Juanmv94 and @aymane211.
If you have any issues, feel free to ping them.

hey,
i have a problem with the converting, for example i have the number 910 in base 12 and this converted is 1308 in base 10 and this converted to ascii is not right, what i have to do here ? something like % or what?

Isn’t it 9×12+10 instead of 9×144+1×12+0?

okay i think i am able to do it now, but i still don´t understand why if i writte 910 on this page Convert Base-12 to Decimal , it converts to 1308 .so this page converts it wrongly ?

No, it’s the puzzle whose conversion is special.

my code is still wrong, i am doing it like you did the first number multible 12 and the second number added ,if its not right could you explain it to me how to convert it rightly.

Say you get two numbers a and b, the conversion in base 12 is 12*a + b, nothing more, nothing less. Your error must be elsewhere, try to check all steps one by one.

2 Likes

a last question, all test cases are working now but if i submit my code, the first test case is not working can i anywhere see what the input and what that output should be for this case.

With a first line = #, is your code returning a time correctly formatted?

thx i fixed this problem now my time is correct, but the first test case is still wrong, any ideas what could be wrong ?

I think you mean validator1, not test1?
Here is its line#2 input, but I don’t see anything special compared to the others :
mayjun mayjan mayjan mayapr marsep juljan sepfeb octjul octjul octapr octmar marsep junsep octjul sepoct octnov sepjun
(should return 5003 Harron Drive)

1 Like

i got the same solution

the input is:
hastag#
mayjun mayjan mayjan mayapr marsep juljan sepfeb octjul octjul octapr octmar marsep junsep octjul sepoct octnov sepjun

and my output is:
01:00
5003 Harron Drive

For # the correct time is 00:01

2 Likes

omg true i am so stupid xD
thx for your advice

Hi, my code don’t pass validator1

Input :
#

Output wit my code :
00:01
5003 Harron Drive

Someone can help me. My code pass all test and validator2 to 8

1 Like

You must have a bug in the time formatting.
You can experiment with different values using Custom test cases
For example, what do you get for

#**#*

Should be

00:18

2 Likes

Thanks for the help.
I confirm I had a bug in time formating.
Code corrected. Validator1 Ok.

thank you a lot!

Hello
My code is working well, it is passing all the cases, but when I submit they do not pass the validator1

I do not know what is the problem

[please don’t post your full source code]

Does your time formatting code always add the correct number of leading zeroes? Think about different times of the day :wink: