[Community Puzzle] FireControl

Coding Games and Programming Challenges to Code Better

Send your feedback or ask for help here!

Created by @ZXC01,validated by @Quidome,@Blabbage and @FredericLocquet.
If you have any issues, feel free to ping them.

There is a typo: if there is no fire, output: ‘RELAX.’

I wish all symbols used in the map are explained.

Tree

After cutting down a tree will it change into ‘=’?
= Cut-down tree
Is cut down tree like regular tree helping to spread fire? Or is it a fire-blocker? Is it just like an empty space?
o Empty space
Is there any difference with ‘=’ ? If there is no difference, no need to create two symbols.

The decision logic can be further explained too.

If there is a fire but will not spread, and will eventually die out by itself, should the decision be “RELAX” or “JUST RUN”?

If there is one tree next to a fire, and it is the one and only one tree in the map, should the decision be “RELAX” or “JUST RUN” ?

Right thanks i will try to improve on that.

1 Like

= Cut-down tree
Is cut down tree like regular tree helping to spread fire? Or is it a fire-blocker? Is it just like an empty space?
for this, it is actually stated: To stop the fire, you need to remove two layers of trees.
o Empty space
Is there any difference with ‘=’ ? If there is no difference, no need to create two symbols.
for this, i was planning on a fire control 2, to make use of that!
for the decicion part:
If there are no trees that can be saved by blocking the fire, output: ‘{{JUST RUN}}’.
if there is no fire, output: ‘{{RELAX}}’.
so as long as there is fire, you should run and there is no fire, you can relax.

Sry i dont understand where the typo is…

With dot at the end the aswer is wrong.

Thanks leme check!

I don’t find why all tests were OK in IDE, but a validator failed (False alarm2 08).
Maybe is due to my understanding of spaces.

Is the Empty space considered as a cut-down tree to block the fire (so considered as a layer)?

If not, are two layers of removed trees have to be adjacent ?

I try empty space as a cut-down tree, and as a layer to add, but nothing works to pass the validator.

Is your code able to handle a case where only cut-down trees and empty spaces exist?

Thank you for your question.
I made more tests and I found the problem:
If there are no trees that can be saved by blocking the fire, output: ‘JUST RUN’. => need fire to run.
If no tree, but no fire, it’s relax too.
And to answer my own question, it seems Empty spaces are managed as Cut-down tree