Currently, the two main CodinGame events are the yearly Spring and Fall challenges.
On top of these, we’d like to have multiple smaller events inside the community throughout the year, ideally organized by both CG and community people.
Over the years, we’ve had a few:
- Community contests, organized by CG or even by the community: such as Autumn AI 2020 by @Crypticsy , @thibpat 's unofficial community contest or @jrke 's Winter Throne 2020
- Clash Wars, small weekly Clash of Code tournaments
- One could even consider the “Puzzle of the Week” to be some kind of weekly regular event
@G-Rom and I already brainstormed a few ideas but we’d like to discuss this topic with you to understand:
- what you enjoy during these events
- what formats you would prefer
Would you some of you be ok to discuss this next 2021-01-13T14:00:00Z on our Discord #general channel?
Everyone is welcomed but in particular, we’d like to get the opinions of:
- Regular streamers, who could be interested in covering these events. Perhaps @sonergonul @Ezwan @zapakh @devsagul @thibpat …? Any streamer is welcomed!
- Teachers, who could be interested in having their class learn something specific with a fun event. Perhaps @MSmits @aCat @VizGhar …? Any teacher is welcomed!
- Regular players & contributors, who could be interested in spicing up their weekly CG time. Perhaps @eulerscheZahl @TBali @anon72424297 @pardouin @java_coffee_cup …? Anyone is welcomed!
I know the time might be an impediment to some, but the discussion will remain accessible in Discord’s history and could be continued long after the time of this meeting. For those who’re not fond of Discord, sorry! Feel free to share your thoughts below.